Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Rob Van Dam Finds A Lot of Modern-Day Wrestling ‘Offensive’

For countless wrestling fans, the action they see on WWE TV these days can’t compare to what was going on just a few decades earlier.

In 2008, WWE implemented a PG rating, banning chair shots to the skull, blood, and other staples of the industry, and the consensus among audiences is that the rating has only hurt the wrestling fans see from Vince McMahon‘s promotion.

Viewerships and attendances are certainly down from the days of the envelope-pushing Attitude Era, and it’s not just the fans who think things have changed for the worse.

Speaking on the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Rob Van Dam spoke about how wrestling has changed, not just in WWE but throughout the entire industry.

RVD explained how things are entirely different today compared to when he was competing full-time.

"I’m still offended by a lot of the stuff that I see nowadays… I hate it when people say, ‘Oh, I wasn’t brought up that way,’ no one was brought up that way, we have to adapt. Your perception changes when you’re an adult.”

Van Dam added that when he was breaking into wrestling, the number one rule was to protect the business, but that’s changed in recent years.

“Somewhere way down the road, it became, ‘number one rule: safety first.’ Like, what?”

While AEW has proven to be a hit with fans, offering an alternative to WWE and a more unsanitized product compared to Vince McMahon, RVD isn’t hopeful for the future of the industry.

“What’s it gonna be, eventually? Unless it just goes straight up to a broadway play.”

RVD’s most recent match came at Ireland’s Over the Top ScrapperMania VI event this past March, where he defeated Scotty Davis.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

“What’s it gonna be, eventually? Unless it just goes straight up to a broadway play.” lol

I miss the Attitude Era