Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default R,I,P Olivia Newton-John has died, aged 73

Australian entertainment legend Olivia Newton-John has died, aged 73.

The actor, whose starring role in Grease in 1978 made her world famous, passed away at her ranch in California following a long battle with breast cancer.

Her husband, John Easterling, confirmed the news in a post to social media saying that Newton-John was a “symbol of triumphs and hope”.

John Travolta, who co-starred with Newton-John in the iconic movie, said her impact was “incredible” and that he loved her “so much”.

Mr Easterling said Newton-John “passed away peacefully” early on Monday morning US time surrounded by family and friends.

John Travolta’s touching tribute

In a post to Instagram, Travolta praised Newton-John.

“My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better. Your impact was incredible. I love you so much,” he wrote.

“We will see you down the road and we will all be together again. Yours from the first moment I saw you and forever! Your Danny, your John!”

“Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer. Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer,” his statement read.

“In lieu of flowers, the family asks that any donations be made in her memory to the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund.”

Newton-John’s huge career

The singer, songwriter and actor won four Grammys and had five number one hits and ten top ten hits throughout her long career.

She was made at Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the Queen’s 2020 New Year’s honours which meant she could officially used the term Dame Olivia Newton-John.

Newton-John began performing at just 14. Her first solo album was released in 1971 with a title track by Bob Dylan. In 1974 she represented Britain at the Eurovision Song Contest finishing fourth in Brighton, in southern England, where ABBA won with Waterloo.

She also found success in this US where she won the 1974 Country Music Association female vocalist of the year gong despite not being American, ruffling feathers.

Grease, released in 1978, saw her fame head to even more lofty heights with the movie becoming the highest grossing in the US that year. The soundtrack gave Newton-John three top 5 singles including You’re the One That I Want, Summer Nights and Hopelessly Devoted to You with John Travolta.

The film Xanadu followed in 1980 with the title track another massive hit for Newton-John. It was there she met Matt Lattanzi who she would wed in 1984. The pairdivorced in 1995.

In 1981, Newton-John released the album Physical with the eponymous track becoming one of her most successful songs.

She married John Easterling in 2008.

Newton-John’s long fight against cancer

She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992. It went into remission but reappeared in 2013 an then again in 2017.

Inn 2008 she helped fund the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre in Melbourne.

In 2019, Newton-John told US TV host Gayle King on the CBS Sunday Morning program that she coped with cancer by being – to a certain extent – “in denial” about it

“Denial is really good. It’s really healthy.

The singer said thinking about cancer was “consuming” her day.

“And after a time I went, you know what, I don’t know what my time is; I need to enjoy my life.

“So I’m going to eat a cookie. And I’m going to have a cup of tea if I want to; and if I want to have a little bit of wine, I’m going to do that because the joy of life and everyday living has to be a part of that healing process as well.”

According to website TMZ, and reported by the US Sun, a source confirmed the cancer was the cause of Newton-Johyn’s passing.

“After a 30-year cancer journey, she lost her battle to metastatic breast cancer.”

news.com.au

R.I.P.

She's probably in Xanadu now....

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    R.I.P.

She's probably in Xanadu now....
    I honestly thought of you because I thought that you would know that movie for some reason. She had such a amazing career and the people she met and was friends with is incredible. Australian icon.

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    I honestly thought of you and was going to message you because I thought that you would know that movie for some reason.

I love that movie.

I love that movie.
    I thought so. I love it to but I love Grease better. This is such a beautiful song. What is your favorite Grease song SM?

Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You

A funny story ...

When Olivia brought out her song Physical in 1981, she was asked to make a music video so people knew the song was about exercise and not sex. lol

Olivia Newton-John - Physical

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    I thought so. I love it to but I love Grease better. This is such a beautiful song. What is your favorite Grease song SM?

Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You

" We Go Together "

" We Go Together "

That is a great song I have so many favorites but I love this song by Olivia in Grease

Olivia was asked in a interview here a few years ago what her favorite song in Grease was .. she thought about it for a bit and said this one because it's hers. lol

Hopelessly Devoted to You

In Australia, the city of Sydneys Opera House honored Olivia making its sails pink. The city of Melbourne in Victoria also made a lot of its buildings and landmarks pink honoring Olivia as well.

In Australia, the family of Olivia Newton-John have accepted Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews’ offer for a state funeral.

Newton-John’s niece Totti Goldsmith, who lives in Melbourne, told A Current Affair on Tuesday night that the family welcomed the offer.

“On behalf of not just our family but I think Australia needs it,” Goldsmith said.

“She’s so loved and I think our country needs it so we’re going to accept it.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast