Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Piper Niven (aka Doudrop) discussed return to WWE pre Royal Rumble

Ahead of Royal Rumble in San Antonio, Doudrop opens up about bout with COVID, her WWE future

Doudrop debuted in WWE in 2021 but disappeared from television due to a real serious bout with COVID. The Express-News interviewed Doudrop ahead of the 2023 Royal Rumble that takes place Saturday at the Alamodome. Doudrop is expected to compete in the 30-woman modified battle royal in which the participants enter at timed intervals instead of all beginning in the ring at the same time.

Q: Where has Doudrop been, and will we see her at the Royal Rumble?

Doudrop: “So I got COVID. But I had had it before, a year prior, and it really did not bother me. It was just like a cold. So, I thought it was going to be the same, and I could not have been more wrong. It really took me down. For two weeks I was lying in the bed with a fever, and I was not even sure what was real and what was a dream. But the lasting effects were worse. I had almost fainting spells or dizzy spells whenever I would exert myself. These symptoms made them look at my heart, and they did a lot of tests. And luckily, they all came back clear. But it was a really difficult four months, because it did cross my mind that what they were concerned about might make me unable to return.”

Q: So, they were worried about a heart issue?

Doudrop: “Yeah they were worried that the COVID would damage my heart, and if that was the case, maybe I wouldn’t have come back.”

Q: You’ve gone from Piper to whispering Piper at Eva Marie to being Doudrop. Have you embraced Doudrop or are you looking for something new after all this time off?

Doudrop: “When I was given Doudrop, it really took me a minute to figure out who she was supposed to be, and I felt I had just started to get into the swing of things with her. I am a plus-sized JoJo Siwa. And I was like, ‘I can do that.’ Then they were like, ‘Hey, I need you to be a heel.’ And I was like, ‘What?’ So, it was kind of difficult to change up that character. With the time away, something I didn’t realize is quite common is that when athletes get injured, they go kind of crazy, because you are sitting at home, and you don’t have your outlet. So, it really did a number on me mentally and made me do some therapy work and delving into my past to help me realize some things. It’s been an interesting few months, and I am looking forward to bringing the real-life experience I had and making it a part of my storyline. And I hope it raises awareness with a lot of people, because I think it is something a lot of people go through.”

Q: When you are communicating with Triple H or creative, how do you tell them you want to do these changes to your character?

Doudrop: “It was really nerve-wracking actually, because I have never pitched anything to creative before. I’ve done matches, but nothing ever like real big character things. So, this was really nerve-wracking, because it came from a real-life experience, and because it is something I am passionate about. I just didn’t want it to be rejected when I approached them. They called me in and were like, ‘Hey, do you have some ideas?’ And I was like, ‘Well, this has been going on in my real life, and I think it would be cool to work that into a storyline.’ And luckily, they were so receptive and really, really liked it. So, it is very exciting.”

Q: What was it like when you jumped from NXT UK to the main roster?

Doudrop: “It was crazy, because no one has ever gone straight from NXT UK to the main roster before. So, I was literally delving into the unknown. Even things like moving were difficult because when you move from NXT UK to NXT there are a lot of people there that have been through the same thing and process so they can advise and help you in what you need to do. But I was going from NXT UK to the main roster, and not everyone is based in Florida, and they have never been in my shoes. So, I felt like I was going at it alone. It was the pandemic, so my husband couldn’t come with me, and I was living on my own in Florida for six months, just literally winging it. It was a lot, but it was cool. It was cool to feel a little bit like a pioneer.

Q: What do you think about NXT UK being shut down and the prospects of NXT Europe?

Doudrop: “NXT UK will always be a huge part of my heart and I feel like that show was so amazing. It produced so many great matches, and I know everyone put their heart and soul into it. I know that will be the case with NXT Europe. I am looking forward to having more people involved in it and it having more eyes on it. Hopefully I can visit some people and even have some matches.”

mysanantonio.com

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

I'm so glad for her. Wish she would have gone ahead and won the whole match.

I loved how the commentators made fun of it. " I do, I do, I do " And " She's gonna drop the whole ring "

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    I'm so glad for her. Wish she would have gone ahead and won the whole match.

I loved how the commentators made fun of it. " I do, I do, I do " And " She's gonna drop the whole ring "

LOL
    I am glad she got her name ... I think the commentators may have been doing that to remind fans and new comers who she was lol