Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default WWE RAW Live Coverage - January 30th, 2023

Royal Rumble Match winner Cody Rhodes to kick off Raw tonight

After outlasting 29 other Superstars to earn the right to headline WrestleMania in a World Title Match, Cody Rhodes is scheduled to kick off Monday Night Raw tonight! Don’t miss the triumphant return of The American Nightmare at 8/7 C on USA.

RAW announcers are Corey Graves and Kevin Patrick.

We begin with a video for the Men's Royal Rumble Winner, Cody Rhodes.

The winner of the Men's Royal Rumble Match, Cody Rhodes, makes his way to the ring.

Cody looks around and he looks at the Wrestlemania sign hanging from the rafters.

Cody asks the crowd what do they want to talk about. He says it goes without saying, but every week someone new is watching the show. Cody says he is not the same person he was when he started this journey on this show 15 years ago. He thought about driving up to Ohio Valley Wrestling at age 19. There was a sign that said 'tomorrow's superstars today'. He says he was getting ready to go inside and he thought to himself that he would be WWE champion within 2 years. I was ambitious and delusional because I also thought I would be the next John Cena. If he could go back and talk to 19 year old me, what would I say? Would I tell him it won't go down that way? Would I tell him that he would get slapped so hard on live TV your knees will buckle? Would I tell him that he would be dashing and give out grooming tips? Would I tell him that he would put paint on his face? Would I tell him that the woman who calls out your names that she would become your wife? Would I tell him that he would get on fire? Would I tell him that he would go on an excursion that would take a toll on him? Would I tell him that on January 28, 2023 that he would win the Royal Rumble to punch a ticket to go on last on the biggest stage at Wrestlemania?

I wouldn't tell him a single thing because every little piece on that road has been 100 percent worth it. I come out here tonight and I hear you singing along with the words to my music. The words at the start are mine. Wrestling has more than one royal family. WWE has more than one royal family. For it to be true and real and validated in my heart, I have to stand across from another. I have to stand across from an entire bloodline. I have to stand across from the Tribal Chief. I have to have to stand across from the biggest superstar on the planet. I have to stand across from Roman Reigns.

Cody says he has respect for Roman, but Wrestlemania is in 62 days. It might be 62 days for you, but it is 62 days for the rest of my life. On that night, it ends. Pull up a chair because someone else will be eating. You can be the Tribal Chief or the head of the table, but one thing he will not be is the WWE Undisputed Champion.

The lights go down and music plays for THE Judgment Day.

Finn Balor, Dominik Mysterio, and Damian Priest appear on the stage and they start to make their way to the ring.

Finn Balor says he is a little confused. Are you going to return to do something original or are you going to knock off my old stuff like before. Dom says Cody ruined THE Judgment Day's plans at the Rumble. Rhea won and you will get to hear her tell you who her opponent for Wrestlemania will be. Dom says he was supposed to win the Royal Rumble Match.

Finn asks what happened to Rey that he couldn't make it to the ring. Finn says Dom was lucky to find Rey's mask.

Dom says Cody put his hands on him and ruined his night at the Rumble. Do you know what would have happened if you did it in prison? You would have gotten got.

Priest says Dom should be the only multi-generational star to main event Wrestlemania, not one who gets what they want. Rhea started at number one and won. Cody got given number 30.

Dom says Cody owes him. You owe him an apology for what he did last night [sic].

Cody says he doesn't want to run the risk of pissing them off, but is Dom trying to scare him straight. Cody says this could be very different. He says he has respect for Dom's dad.

Dom says that is really funny because he doesn't respect his dad. Dom says he has no respect for anyone's dad, especially Cody's.

Cody says he gets this. We are 62 days to Wrestlemania. He could play it safe and try to stay healthy . . . or he could be him and kick your ass. He will do it to any of them. Let's do it here and let's do it tonight.

Edge's music plays and he goes after all three members of THE Judgment Day. He focuses on Finn and then Priest grabs Edge and officials come out to separate everyone.

We go to commercial.

Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
    Chad Gable (w/ Otis) vs Seth Rollins

They lock up and Rollins with a wrist lock. Gable with an escape and side head lock into a drop toe hold. Gable with an ankle lock and Rollins gets to the ropes. Seth hears a familiar sound from the crowd and it gets him back to his feet. Gable with Chaos Theory for a near fall. Rollins rolls to the floor and Gable with a cannonball off the apron and he sends Seth back into the ring. Gable with a clothesline and he goes up top and hits a diving head butt for a near fall. Rollins goes to the floor and Gable follows after him but not with the same amount of importance as before. Gable wrings the leg into the ring post. Gable puts the leg in the ropes and he kicks the knee. Gable with a dragon screw and a spinning toe hold. Gable tries to wring the leg into the post again but Rollins pulls Gable into the post.

Rollins with a drop kick through the ropes. Rollins sends Gable back into the ring and Gable with another dragon screw. Gable with a spinning knee drop to the leg. Gable works on the leg and Rollins tries to get out of the hold and he does with a few shots to the back. Seth with chops. Gable with an Irish whip and Gable puts the leg in the ropes and hits another dragon screw. Gable goes to the turnbuckles and sets for a moonsault but Rollins moves out of the way and Rollins with a rollup and buckle bomb. Rollins with clotheslines and a back heel kick. Rollins with another kick but he misses a clothesline. Rollins lands on his knee on Chaos Theory. Rollins with a super kick and Falcon Arrow for a near fall.

Rollins sets for Black Out and misses. Rollins with a kick and he sets for a Pedigree but Gable with a jackknife cover for a near fall. Rollins with a rollup for a near fall. They exchange near falls. Gable gets Rollins on his back and hits a Cliffhanger DDT for a near fall. The straps come down and Gable with a waist lock but Rollins blocks it and connects with an elbow. Gable counters an enzuigiri and goes for an ankle lock and applies it. Rollins tries to get to the ropes and he is able to kick out of it. Gable returns to the ankle lock. Rollins with a rollup for a near fall. Gable blocks Black Out into an ankle lock. Rollins rolls through and hits a Pedigree for the three count.

Winner: Seth Rollins

We go to commercial.

Iyo Sky (w/ Bayley and Dakota Kai) versus Candice LeRae (w/ Mia Yim)

Candice with a single leg trip and Iyo with a matrix and rollup for a near fall. Iyo misses a stomp and drop kick. Candice with a rollup for a near fall. Candice with a step up back senton for a near fall. Iyo sends Candice into the ropes and Iyo with a flapjack. Iyo kicks Candice in the back and Iyo with a slam. Iyo with a straitjacket choke. Candice backs Iyo into the corner and Candice with a snap mare and she kicks Iyo away. Candice with a running drop kick and Iyo goes to the floor. Candice with a baseball slide to Iyo and Iyo with a kick on the apron. Iyo with a suicide dive to Candice. Iyo sends Candice back into the ring but Candice drop kicks Iyo to the floor and hits a springboard cross body onto Iyo.

Candice sends Iyo back into the ring and Candice goes up top. Iyo drops Candice on the top turnbuckle and then connects wtih an elbow to the midsection. Iyo chokes Candice in the corner and hits a hesitation double knee strike. Iyo gets a near fall. Iyo with a rear chin lock. Candice with punches and an octopus. Iyo counters into a side slam and both women are down. Candice goes to the apron and Iyo goes for a suicide dive sunset flip power bomb into the ringside barrier but Candice blocks it. Iyo with a back drop driver onto the apron. Candice with a TKO on the apron and then she goes up top and hits a missile drop kick for a near fall. Candice puts Iyo on the turnbuckles but Iyo drops Candice on the turnbuckles. Iyo with a butterfly back breaker. Iyo with a running double knee strike into the corner and then Iyo goes up for the moonsault but Candice stops her and hits a German superplex for a near fall.

Iyo with a forearm and Candice fires back. They go back and forth with Candice getting the advantage. Candice misses an elbow and Candice with an elbow to Iyo. Iyo gets Candice on her shoulders and Candice with a poisonrana for a near fall. Candice puts Iyo on the turnbuckles and Candice goes for a swinging neck breaker but Iyo pushes Candice off. Iyo sets for the moonsault but Candice gets her knees up. Candice with an inside cradle but Dakota distracts the refere. Candice gets a near fall. Candice with a Codebreaker and she goes to the ropes but Bayley gets on the apron. Iyo with a rollup for the three count.

Winner: Iyo Sky

Kevin and Corey talk about Rhea Ripley's performance at the Royal Rumble.

Rhea Ripley walks in the back.

We go to commercial.

We are back with highlights of the Women's Royal Rumble Match.

The Women's Royal Rumble winner, Rhea Ripley, makes her way to the ring.

Rhea says it has been a while that she has been out here without her Latino Heat or her THE Judgment Day crew, but she wanted all of the attention on her. Two nights ago, I disrupted the status quo. I did the unthinkable, I went the distance and outlasted 29 other women to win the Royal Rumble. Now, I get to choose whichever champion I want to face at Wrestlemania. Rhea says three years ago, she just turned 24 and her career was just getting started and I was the NXT Women's Champion. I came to Raw and challenged the winner of the Royal Rumble, Charlotte Flair to a match at Wrestlemania. She put her in her place. Rhea looks at the Wrestlemania sign.

The funny thing about Charlotte is that she is always in the title picture. She is at the top of her game and Rhea says she hates to give Charlotte credit but she gets better every year. The normal flow is that Charlotte is at the top. She says she is the disruptor. She does not like the normal flow and she does not like things being overplayed. So, Charlotte, I advise you to enjoy everyone bowing down to the Queen because they are about to rise to Rhea Ripley.

At Wrestlemania, I put you in your place. Charlotte Flair, I choose you.

Backstage:
    Cathy Kelley is in the back and she is with Seth Rollins. Seth cackles and he wants to talk about Tulsa. He says it was a fight against Chad Gable and what a win. Seth says he is going to go to Elimination Chamber and take the United States Title back. Then he is going to go on to Wrestlemania and then he cackles again. Cathy asks about Logan Paul eliminating Seth. Seth gets serious and he walks away without saying anything.

We go to commercial.

Baron Corbin (w/John Bradshaw Layfield) vs Johnny Gargano (w/ Dexter Lumis)

Corbin runs Gargaho into the corner but Gargano with punches. Corbin with a punch. Gargano with a head scissors take down and a drop kick. Corbin with a boot to the head. Corbin punches Gargano in the corner. Corbin with an Irish whip and Gargano goes over the top rope to the apron. Corbin grabs Gargano by the throat and hits a choke breaker for a near fall. Gargano escapes a slam and Gargano with a back elbow and rollup and round kick to the head. Corbin is sent to the floor when Gargano moves. Gargano with a drop kick through the ropes. Gargano with a shoulder and then Corbin with a punch when Gargano goes for a slingshot move. Corbin with a choke slam into the ringside barrier. Corbin sends Gargano into the announce table. Corbin sends Gargano into the ringside barrier.

They return to the ring. Corbin gets a near fall. Corbin punches Gargano a few times and then he puts Gargano on the turnbuckles. Corbin with a punch and he climbs the turnbuckles. Corbin with a punch and he sets for a superplex but Gargano with punches and a head butt to knock Corbin to the mat. Gargano with a tornado DDT. Gargano with punches and Corbin with an Irish whip but Corbin with the wacky slide and clothesline for a near fall. Corbin wtih a half nelson and chin bar. Corbin with elbows and he gets a near fall. Corbin with a forearm but Gargano with a slingshot spear for a near fall. Corbin grabs Gargano by the throat and sends him into the corner. Gargano gets his boots up and then Corbin goes for another wacky slide but Gargano with two super kicks for a near fall.

Gargano runs into a back elbow and Gargano with a clothesline and enzuigiri. Corbin with Deep Six for a near fall. Corbin with punches and then the shirt comes off. Corbin picks up Gargano and Gargano with an elbow to avoid End of Days. Corbin goes shoulder first into the ring post and he falls to the floor. Gargano with a suicide dive that sends Corbin into the announce table. Layfield pulls off the cover to the table and Lumis pulls out his axe to scare Layfield. Gargano with an enzuigiri and he tries for the slingshot spear but Corbin moves. Corbin goes for End of Days and Gargano counters with an inside cradle for the three count.

Winner: Johnny Gargano

We go to commercial.

We are back and MVP is in the VIP Lounge.

Porter says big things are still popping and little things are still stopping and the VIP Lounge is not for you. He brings out his guest, a man who is brave enough to defend the US TItle at Elimination Chamber, Austin Theory.

Austin takes a seat and Porter tells him to make himself comfortable.

Austin says wow and he thanks Porter for inviting him. Theory says when he was a little kid, he used to watch the VIP Lounge. That was a long time ago. He is here to reinvent it and make it relevant again.

Porter sarcastically thanks him.

He suggests Austin Theory Live . . . or make the MVP Lounge Austin Theory Live.

Porter says hot trends come and go but legends are forever.

The crowd does not like the idea of Austin Theory Live. Porter says it has an interesting ring to it, but after the Elimination Chamber, you might not be. Porter asks Theory where his head is.

Theory says he is the champ and he asks if Porter called him champ.

Theory says this is the same man who calls Bobby Lashley the champ. You said that Lashley was going to beat him last week. Do you think Lashley can beat him?

Porter says he knows that Lashley can.

Theory says he is kidding with Porter. The Elimination Chamber is hard to survive. He reminds Porter he was F-5ed off the top of the chamber. Theory says he is still standing because he is the ruthlessness the new generation needs and no amount of aggression can stop him.

Porter says he likes Theory's confidence. Porter says he was a brash United States Champion. Undertaker threw him off the top of the pod. He says Theory is scared but he is doing a good job of hiding it. You never know who will be in that chamber.

Theory asks if that is s threat and Porter says that is a warning.

Porter says that Lashley is more dangerous than the Undertaker to Theory.

Theory says he has beaten Lashley twice. Lashley is not going to be in the Elimination Chamber Match.

Porter says he is not working with Lashley so he won't speak on his behalf. If you survive the Elimination Chamber, you better worry about your health.

Theory tells Porter he should be worried about his health. You should be worried about Bobby Lashley's health. Lashley is your meal ticket and your meal ticket is about to get chewed up by Brock Lesnar.

Bobby Lashley's music plays and he makes his way to the ring.

Porter tries to stop Lashley and Theory tells Lashley to listen to his daddy.

Porter steps aside and Lashley sends Theory into the corner and hits a flatliner. Lashley sets for a spear and Porter helps Theory up. Theory pulls Porter into the way and Lashley spears Porter.

Lashley looks at Porter

Backstage:
    Byron Saxton waits to talk to THE Judgment Day. Byron asks Finn about the latest altercation with Edge. Finn says he thought Edge would have enough by now. Finn tells Edge that he works Mondays. He says that everything Cody has done was his. Cody has been stealing from him for years. Finn is coming to collect.

We go to commercial.

We are back with The Miz.

He says he has something on his shoulder and it isn't a chip. He was not given the proper recognition last week. He was interrupted by Kevin Owens and Owens got what he deserved. Miz says he got a bad number and then he was the first man eliminated and people chanted that in the airport. Instead of giving him, the first grand slam champion, an opportunity to qualify for the Elimination Chamber, he has been given nothing. He demands to be treated wtih respect. Until he gets matches that deserve his star power . . .

Adam Pearce comes out. We get it that you are upset. You are asking for an opportunity and there is someone else who has been asking for an opportunity. It is the newest member of the Raw roster . . . Rick Boogs.

Boogs makes his way to the ring and Miz asks Pearce if he wants to wrestle Boogs? He says he is in a $10,000 suit.

Pearce says Miz says he always talks about how awesome he is so you can prove it now.

Miz vs Rick Boogs

Miz backs into Boogs and Boogs sends Miz into the turnbuckles. Miz wants to be able to take off his jacket and Boogs does an air drum solo. Miz with a punch and Miz says he is in a suit. Boogs with a series of gutwrenches into a suplex as Miz loses a shoe. Boogs presses Miz over his head and hits a power slam for the three count.

Winner: Rick Boogs

Backstage:
    Chad and Otis walk in the back and we see the Maximum Male Models and Maxxine Dupri. Mansoor and Mace are repulsed but Maxxine is interested in Otis.

We go to commercial.

We are back with a look at what happened at the end of the WWE Men's Championship at the Royal Rumble.

Corey says maybe we get some light shed on that on Smackdown.

Bayley makes her way to the ring and she has something to say.

Bayley asks if you thought she was going to leave the building without talking about last week? Bayley cackles a few times. She says she does not suck because you saw what happened last week. She says everybody is talking about how they took out Becky and made history. Bayley cackles. She says it felt so good and they had so much confidence going into the Royal Rumble. They made so many eliminations. She says she has to say her favorite was when she single handedly eliminated Becky. She says she is done with Becky. The story is done. Her obsession with Damage Control is done.

Becky Lynch's music plays and she makes her way to the stage.

She tells Bayley to shut up and she calls her stupid. Becky says they aren't done until she says they are done. Becky says she already won the Royal Rumble. She didn't have to win, she just had to make sure Bayley and her girls didn't.

Bayley says that is just making excuses.

Becky says excuses is not giving the people a cage match and attacking her before the bell because he is afraid. You are trying to make excuses for not going one-on-one.

Bayley says she is smart. You come out here to make everything about you.

Becky says it is her birthday.

Bayley says she doesn't give a damn it is Becky's birthday. She says she does not suck up to Becky. Bayley says she knows Becky and she does not like Rebecca. Bayley says she thinks Becky is overrated. You are not good enough to be champion again or to be in the ring one-on-one with her. You aren't even good enough for your husband and then Bayley cackles. He says the only reason Seth married you is because he knocked you up.

Becky says after all of this time, she says she thought they were only fighting over wrestling. Whatever this is, this bitterness you have with me started in Orlando. Let's end this next week where it began and you give me that steel cage match.

Bayley says no.

Becky says she thought Bayley would have said no. Becky goes to the back.

Bayley says Becky is going to make another excuse.

Bayley pulls out Dakota with a chair on her ankle. Becky asks Bayley what is it going to be.

Bayley accepts the steel cage match.

Becky thanks Bayley and she says you can bring your friends with you next week, but you might want to check on Iyo in the back.

We go to commercial.

Backstage:
    Adam announces that Bayley and Becky Lynch in a steel cage is official for next week. Adam says since Rhea is facing Charlotte Flair, there will be an Elimination Chamber Match to determine Bianca's opponents. Raquel Rodriguez, Asuka, Liv Morgan, and Nikki Cross. Next week Mia Yim, Piper Niven, Candice LeRae, and Carmella will compete for a spot. Chelsea Green taps Adam on his shoulder and asks for the manager and better arrangements for her locker room.

We go to comments earlier today with Dolph Ziggler. Mustafa Ali interrupts the interview to point out that Ziggler is getting another chance. Ziggler says he didn't make the match but he will steal the show.

Bronson Reed vs Dolph Ziggler

They lock up and Reed sends Ziggler into the corner but misses a splash. Ziggler with a drop kick and splash. Ziggler goes for a Zig Zag but Reed holds on to the ropes and connects with a body block. Reed with a head butt and slam. Reed with a rolling splash for a near fall. Reed with a reverse chin lock. Ziggler wiwth a jaw breaker and back elbow. Ziggler with a boot and he moves when Reed goes for a splash. Ziggler with a hesitation DDT for a near fall. Reed goes for a suplex and Ziggler lands on his feet and hits a Zig Zag for a near fall. Ziggler with punches and knees. Ziggler with a head butt and kick to the knee. Reed counters a Fameasser with a power bomb. Reed goes up top and hits a Tsunami for the three count.

Winner: Bronson Reed

We go to commercial.

Backstage:
    We are back and Cathy Kelley is with Carmella.

Carmella wants more enthusiasm from Cathy for her introduction. She says she is back and she is going to be back on top. She will win next week and get into the Elimination Chamber Match.

Asuka stops by and Carmella asks if she is going to say she is not ready for Asuka but Asuka is not ready for her. She says she is not scared of Carmella.

Asuka smiles and she has green teeth and the green mist liquid comes out of her mouth.

Backstage:
    Rick Boogs is with the Street Profits and Elias. Byron Saxton asks how does it feel to win.

Boogs says he feels like he is climbing a mountain in a loincloth and he is ready to scream at the top of his lungs. He screams. He says it is like riding the lightning. It was a long road to recovery but he is back.

Elias says anyone can shred, but it takes true skill to be an artist and he thinks Boogs has the skill.

Ford tells Boogs to get dressed so they can go out on the town.

Byron asks about Dawkins' match against Damian Priest and he points out Montez faces Elias in a qualifying match.

Ford says he will qualify.

Elias says he is an American icon and he will start his comeback at Montez' expense.

Dawkins says he will go into SoFi as the US champion.

We go to commercial.

FInn Balor (w/ Dominik Mysterio, Rhea Ripley, and Damian Priest) vs Cody Rhodes

They lock up and Cody backs Finn into the corner and they go around the ring to a stalemate. Finn taps Cody on the chest and Cody with a drop down uppercut. Cody with a delayed gourdbuster and Finn rolls to the floor. Finn gets back in the ring and they lock up. Balor with a side head lock and he holds on when Cody tries to send him off the ropes. Finn with a side head lock take down. Finn with a kick to the chest. They lock up and Finn with a waist lock take down into an arm bar and back to a front face lock. Cody with a hammer lock. Finn gets to the ropes to force a break. Cody with chops to Balor. Cody with a forearm to the head and Cody with a sunset flip but you don't sunset flip Balor. Balor rolls through and Cody blocks a kick. Cody punches Balor on the apron. Cody with an Irish whip and Finn tries to float over but Cody catches Finn. Finn avoids an Alabama Slam.

Finn with kicks to the chest. Finn with chops in the corner and he wraps the arm in the ropes and tries to aggravate the surgically repaired pectoral. Finn with a snap mare and kick to the chest for a near fall. Finn with springboard boots to the chest. Balor hangs Cody over the middle rope and kicks him from the apron. Cody blocks a kick and connects with a dragon screw in the ropes. Cody with Beautiful Disaster to send Finn to the floor. Cody with a suicide dive and they return to the ring. Cody stops Priest and Dom from interfering. Cody floats over Finn and hits a power slam for a near fall. Cody with a forearm to teh back of the head and Finn stops a Cody Cutter. Finn with an elevated elbow drop for a near fall. Finn with elbows to the clavicle.

Finn with an arm bar. Finn with an abdominal stretch. Finn with punches to the ribs and he holds on to an abdominal stretch. Cody with a hip toss to escape. Cody with an elbow drop and he gets a near fall. Cody with an Irish whip and he misses a splash in the corner. Balor with boots to the shoulder. Balor goes up top and Cody stops him. Cody with forearms and Finn fires back. Cody with a chop to the back and he sets for the superplex and hits it. Cody and Finn exchange punches and forearms. Finn with a kick and Cody with a Cody Cutter for a near fall. Cody sets for CrossRhodes but Balor counters. Cody with a kick and Balor with sling blade. Balor sets for the running drop kick but Cody with a super kick for a near fall.

Cody sets for a figure four leg lock but Balor with an inside cradle for a near fall. Cody is kicked through the ropes to the floor in front of THE Judgment Day. Priest, Dom, and Rhea surround Cody but Edge comes through the crowd and Priest goes after Edge. Edge sends Priest into the barrier. Edge punches Dominik. Edge spears Dom on the floor. Rhea attacks Edge with forearms. Beth Phoenix comes out and spears Rhea.

Meanwhile, back iin the ring, Cody gets back into the ring. Balor with a double leg take down and double stomp. Balor with a drop kick to send Cody into the turnbuckles. Balor goes up top and Edge gets on the apron. The referee tells Edge to get down but that allows Cody to get out of the way of Coup de Grace. Cody with three CrossRhodes for the three count.

Winner: Cody Rhodes

We go to credits.

No surprise .. Ripley against Flair at Mania.

I am glad Johnny Gargano won.

lol Poor ol Mix ... lol Rick Boogs ... lol Poor ol Miz

Not a bad RAW, better second half though.