The Mandalorian Season 3 doesn't kick off until March 1, but co-creator Jon Favreau said he's already done writing Season 4.

"Season 4, yeah I've written it already," Favreau told BFM TV. "We have to know where we're going to tell a fully-formed story, so we had mapped it, out [co-creator] Dave [Filoni] and I, and then slowly you just write each episode. So I was writing during post-production, because all of it has to feel like a continuation and one full story."

Mandalorian Season 3 trailer

Favreau also explained that he and Filoni need to know what's going to happen in future Mandalorian episodes in order to properly plan out other shows in the wider Star Wars universe.

The writer said that The Mandalorian, Ahsoka, and Skeleton Crew "all take place in the same Star Wars time period. So, there's a lot more things that we have to keep in mind and stuff that we've built up to from previous seasons of The Mandalorian as well."

We've already seen an example of how Favreau and Filoni's Disney+ series can interweave with each other. After parting ways at the end of The Mandalorian Season 2, Mando and Grogu reunited during the events of The Book of Boba Fett, setting the stage for The Mandalorian's third season.

ign.com