Former FTW Champion Ricky Starks recently revealed that he was not a fan of his entrance theme song when he first heard back in 2020.

Ricky Starks has been one of the popular stars in AEW and has received a major push since last year. His work has been loved by fans. His mic skills have been impressive and with key victories over the likes of Chris Jericho, Starks has become one of the stars to go up the ranks in no time.

His character and theme song have played a role in getting a big reaction from fans around the world. However, Starks originally hated his theme song.

Speaking on the Jericho Cruise edition of the Swerve City Podcast, Starks revealed that he originally didn’t like his theme song the first time he heard it when he debuted on AEW Dynamite in 2020.

'The Absolute One' gave a shout-out to composer Mikey Rukus. He went on to explain why he felt the theme didn’t fit him at first. However, with time, he grew to enjoy it much more and felt like it captured his essence.

He said, “Then I came to AEW and what no one knows is that I didn’t know what my theme song was until I actually went out and heard it for the first time.”

“So, the time that y’all heard it was the time that I heard it as well and I think (Mikey) Rukus did a great job with it. At the time, I hated it.”

“I actually hated the song but I grew into liking it a lot and now it’s pretty much a signature for me with the horns and ‘the revolution will be televised’ so, I think it still adds to me as a person, as an on-screen, off-screen, it all ties in so, yeah.”

Ricky Starks racked up a massive win in his AEW career after defeating Chris Jericho for the second time at AEW Revolution pay-per-view. On the March 8 edition of AEW Dynamite, the Bullet Club’s Juice Robinson brutally assaulted Ricky Starks to sow the seeds for their feud.