AEW star Kenny Omega is set to make a huge return to his hometown as AEW gears up for its debut in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada for the first time. His homecoming is set for this Wednesday's Dynamite.

Kenny Omega is one of the top stars of the promotion. There have been lots of rumors and speculations around the future of 'The Cleaner' recently. Omega's AEW contract was originally set to expire in early 2023. There had been rumors of WWE's interest in him as well. Recent reports suggest that AEW has added time to his deal which he has missed due to various injuries. All that in the past, Omega is ready to make his return to Canada.

The homecoming is always special for the pro wrestlers and 'The Cleaner' recently revealed that he is very excited about the show. He also talked about the significance of wrestling there.

Kenny Omega is scheduled to try to reclaim the AEW World Trios Championship on that night alongside The Young Bucks and this marks his first time having a televised match in his hometown.

The former AEW World Champion recently spoke with The Winnipeg Free Press about Dynamite’s arrival in the city:

“When AEW became a thing, we always thought ‘Boy, wouldn’t it be cool if this really was an international wrestling product.’ And not only international by how you consume it via television or internet, but I really wanted to do live shows all around the world. For one of our first international shows, and one of our first Canadian shows, to be in my hometown is a really cool thing and I’m sure Chris [Jericho] has a very similar feeling towards it.”

AEW has only held one show outside of the United States, making its Canadian debut in October 2022 in Toronto, Ontario, with the show headlined by Orange Cassidy defeating PAC to become the second AEW All-Atlantic Champion. Fans in Winnipeg will now be eager to witness the AEW stars on Dynamite.