Kofi Kingston underwent the knife on Saturday morning, just a few weeks after being sidelined with an ankle injury.

The injury happened during a segment where he was part of a spot outside of the ring as Drew McIntyre did a flip dive taking out several wrestlers during the March 3rd edition of WWE SmackDown. He suffered an ankle injury in the process.

Because Kingston couldn’t go, he was replaced by Xavier Woods in a fatal five-way Intercontinental Title number one contender's match the following week on SmackDown, with the winner challenging Gunther for the title at WrestleMania 39 next month.

Although there was hope Kingston wouldn't need surgery, he did need it, which he had done in Birmingham, Alabama.
The Surgery

As seen below, Kingston shared a video of him talking with Big E and Woods in the hospital. He wrote the following on Instagram:

“Surgery went very well! Of course I had to FaceTime the boyzzz upon regaining consciousness…Very little recollection of the conversation, lol. Thanks to everybody who sent me a message! I appreciate it more than you know! I’m home now. Let the road to recovery begin!”