A former ROH star has decided to walk away from the pro wrestling business.

This former Tag Team Champion had been an in-ring competitor for the last 24 years but now will move on to the next chapter of his career.

Ricky Reyes worked for ROH as a wrestler between 2002 and 2006 before finding success in several promotions, such as Lucha Underground, Combat Zone Wrestling, World Wrestling Council, and Victory Pro Wrestling.

Reyes recently took to Twitter to announce that he has decided to retire from wrestling and considers his son to be the superstar of the family. He wrote the following:

“I’ve decided to end my in-ring wrestling career effective immediately. After 24 years of being a professional wrestler, my son is the Superstar of the Family now! It’s become too difficult to spend time away from him as he gets older and is doing so many sports. I find myself just watching him and it’s the most rewarding thing EVER.

Thank you to all the wrestling promotions/promoters, the wrestlers I’ve wrestled, friends I’ve made and most importantly the wrestling fans! They say “you get out of this what you put into this. I’ve given my entire life to pro-wrestling and in return I’m the luckiest man in the world.”

Reyes was ranked 177 in the PWI 500 for 2005. In recent years, he had been competing on the independent wrestling scene.