Mercedes Mone has hit the road running following her WWE departure as she signed with NJPW in January after getting her release.

She worked her first match since last May when she beat KAIRI for the IWGP Women’s Championship at the NJPW Battle in the Valley show last month. Mone will make her next title defense on April 8th at the New Japan Pro-Wrestling Sakura Genesis show.

While doing a Q&A at Planet Comicon in Kansas City, Mone was asked whether she would be appearing at AEW x NJPW: Forbidden Door II. She noted that she didn’t know the date of the event, but is open to it.

The second AEWxNJPW Forbidden Door PPV takes place on Sunday, June 25 in Toronto at the Scotiabank Centre.

“Ooh, when is it (AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door)? Is it June? June or July? Okay. What day? I don’t know when the show is. Anybody know the date? I don’t know, we gotta see then. June’s so far.

I think I could be open, July might be open but, gotta get that phone call. Gotta get that phone call from unc.”

Since leaving WWE, there has been speculation that she could go to AEW and that’s still a possibility. With NJPW working with AEW again, there’s a good chance Mone could wrestle an AEW star in a dream match at the upcoming event.