Mercedes Moné is making her (new) name outside of WWE, and that may come at the expense of Mickie James.

The former Sasha Banks debuted for NJPW at January's Wrestle Kingdom and has since become IWGP Women's Champion.

In addition to New Japan Pro Wrestling, Moné is also available for events for the company's sister promotion STARDOM.

Last September, Impact Wrestling's Mickie James announced her 'Last Rodeo' and said she'll retire after her next loss.

James has kept her wave of momentum going, which has seen her capture the Impact Knockouts World Championship at Hard to Kill 2013.

Appearing at Planet ComicCon, the NJPW star told AEW's Leva Bates about her plans to retire the Impact Knockouts World Champion.

"I’m waiting for the bag, I’m waiting for Mickie James. Absolutely do I want to wrestle Mickie James. Mickie James is one of my legit idols."

Moné added that she had always hoped for a lengthy singles feud with the Impact star during their time in WWE that never transpired. She added:

"I definitely believe in 2023 that I can definitely make that dream come true. I definitely would love to face Mickie James and retire her a**; send her back to that rodeo and ride that horse. Bye Mickie.”

While the feud Moné was hoping for in WWE never happened, they have shared the ring multiple times.

The two women would share the ring for the first time on the April 17, 2017, edition of Raw in a fatal four-way including Nia Jax & Alexa Bliss.

The most recent match for the two was in December 2018, when Moné and Bayley defeated James and Alicia Fox inside MSG.

While both women were part of the 2022 Women's Royal Rumble match, Banks had been eliminated long before James entered the ring.