Bill Goldberg is on the free agent market following his WWE contract expiring at the end of 2022, and now fans are speculating what is next for him in the pro wrestling business.

In 2022, the WWE Hall of Famer only wrestled once - a loss to Roman Reigns at WWE Elimination Chamber.

Following the news that broke on Monday, fans have been speculating whether AEW would be interested in signing the legendary wrestler.

That’s something AEW President Tony Khan was asked about while speaking to Adrian Hernandez of The Bet Las Vegas & The Sporting Tribune.

"I have a lot of respect for Bill. I think Bill Goldberg is a great professional athlete and has had a great career in pro wrestling, and he is a very nice person. He actually has a lot of ties around the Jacksonville community, his family is from Jacksonville and I think he’s a household name in pro wrestling, certainly. That's interesting to hear that he is a free agent. It's something to follow, and he's one of the biggest names in wrestling and certainly will be something else to keep an eye on for us. We have so many great wrestlers in AEW and so many exciting things happening in AEW week to week that it's always an exciting time. But Bill is an exceptionally exciting name and one of the biggest names in the sport. Certainly, it's a big thing for us to pay attention to, so I would take notice of that.”