Will the professional wrestling industry ever reach the same heights we've seen in the past?

According to Billy Corgan, the answer is yes.

It's no secret that many have criticized the current wrestling product, especially compared to the heights of popularity during the Attitude Era.

Some have pointed at the ratings of WWE and other shows as proof of the industry's decline when compared to the figures of the late 1990s.

However, that argument doesn't acknowledge several factors, including the rise of online, streamed content, and more options being available.

Speaking to the Mat Men Pro Wrestling podcast, NWA President Billy Corgan was optimistic for the future of wrestling.

“Quote me on this in ten years. I think wrestling’s biggest days are still ahead. As big as the NWA was, Vince made it bigger. People look at that and say, ‘Wow, that was massive.’ Yes, of course, WWE’s massive. But compared to UFC, compared to the NWA (of yesteryear), there’s still room for growth. That’s why people are out looking at the WWE on the open market for sale because people realize there’s growth to go.”

Corgan also gave his tips for how the wrestling can continue to grow with a bigger global platform and audience.

"Digital is very much a part of that, social media is a part of that. So stay focused on that. While you want to get into every little turf conversation, or you don’t understand why Billy’s over here in the corner doing what he’s doing, understand that my personal faith and my investment in it is I believe that the NWA can rise up to a level that is even greater than the NWA before."

While Corgan has made big steps with the NWA, the promotion has faced setbacks, including the controversial exit of Nick Aldis last year.

The decision for Tyrus to become NWA World Champion also faced backlash from fans, many of whom believe his win came solely due to potential exposure of the NWA brand on FOX, where Tyrus is a pundit.