According to Amy Jo Johnson, it's "none of ur beeswax" as to why she's not returning for the 30-year reunion special Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always.

The actor, who played the Pink Ranger/Kimberly Hart on the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series, will not be returning alongside her fellow castmates for the Netflix special, but she insists her decision was not due to money.

"Please stop saying I didn't do reunion because of money. Simply not true," she tweeted on Sunday. "Maybe I just didn't want to wear spandex in my 50s. or couldn’t go to [New Zealand] for a month. Or none of ur beeswax."

Please stop saying I didn’t do reunion because of money Simply not true. Maybe I just didn’t want to wear spandex in my 50s 🤣 or couldn’t go to NZ for a month.Or none of ur beeswax 🐝 JDF & I both chose not to for our own reasons. They filmed before he passed. #PowerRangers
— Amy Jo Johnson (@_amyjojohnson) March 26, 2023

Johnson went on to clarify that both she and Jason David Frank chose not to partake in the reunion for their "own reasons." Frank, who was beloved for his performance as Tommy Oliver, played both the antagonistic Green Ranger and the later reformed White Ranger during his time on the show. The actor died in November 2022 at the age of 49 years old; the reunion film was shot before his unexpected death.

Back in January, Johnson tweeted: "For the record I never said no…I just didn’t say yes to what was offered. But other fun stuff is in-store! Looking forward to watching my friends kick ass!"

The Power Rangers return... mostly

To celebrate the 30 year anniversary of the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series, the upcoming Netflix movie will see the return of Walter Emanuel Jones and David Yost, who play the Black and Blue Rangers, respectively. The special will follow the Rangers as they come face-to-face with a familiar threat from the past, Rita Repulsa, in the middle of a global crisis.

The special also stars fellow Power Rangers alumni Catherine Sutherland, Steve Cardenas, Karan Ashley, and Johnny Yong Bosch. Charlie Kersh joins the Rangers as Minh, the daughter of original Yellow Ranger Trini. Thuy Trang, the actor who played Trini in the original series, tragically died in a car crash in 2001; her death is reportedly incorporated into the plot of the special.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always will premiere on Netflix on April 19.

ign.com