Brad Pitt has seen a huge return on investment after selling his property in Los Angeles.

The actor purchased the Los Feliz home off Elvira (Cassandra Peterson) nearly three decades ago for a cheeky $1.7 million.

However, TMZ and Radar Online are now reporting he's managed to sell it for $39 million.

It was originally built in 1910 by an oil baron and TMZ says Pitt bought adjacent lots over the years to beef up the property size.

The news outlet says it was also the home where Jimi Hendrix wrote 'May This Be Love'.

Architectural Digest says in addition to the 6,692-square-foot Craftsman main house, the home boasts a swimming pool, private tennis pavilion and skate park.

Entertainment Tonight says the sale was completed 'off-market'.

He and his ex-wife, Angelina Jolie, lived in the sprawling LA home with their six children for several years.

However, after they split in 2016, Jolie bought a nearby home for $24.95 million in 2017 that used to be owned by Cecil B. DeMille.

She explained to British Vogue that the decision to purchase the property so close to Pitt's, despite their divorce, was done for the sake of their family.

“I wanted it to be close to their dad, who is only five minutes away,” she said.

But she admitted it was a humungous property that was filled with so much history.

“I felt a little pressure moving in. Like I had snuck into where DeMille and [Charlie] Chaplin would hang out,” she said.

“I love most that there is no entertainment room, but lots of pathways and places to walk and think.

"I feel very fortunate we have that at this time.”

Brad and Angelina share children Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, and twins Vivienne and Knox.

A source told People magazine that Pitt wanted to sell his Los Feliz home to because he's 'looking for something smaller'.

unilad.com