Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Rey Mysterio Reveals His First Reaction To Hall of Fame Request

WWE legend Rey Mysterio recently revealed that he was concerned when he was first asked to be in Hall of Fame.

Mysterio is one of the greatest luchadors in the history of pro wrestling. Widely considered as the biggest underdog in the business, Mysterio has a heart of a lion that has gotten him all the prestigious accolades. He is a grand slam champion in WWE. Apart from being a former WWE champion, Rey won the 2006 Royal Rumble and he is a six-time WCW cruiserweight champ.

Now, the legendary masked wrestler is set to headline the 2023 WWE Hall of Fame. The event will take place ahead of the highly anticipated WrestleMania 39.

When the induction was originally announced, many believed it would lead Rey into retirement. Though the wrestling veteran himself revealed that he was shocked when he was informed about the Hall of Fame induction.

Speaking with Joseph Staszewski of the New York Post, Mysterio recalled how he reacted to the news that he would be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He explained that he was shocked, and stated that he wasn’t ready to retire:

“I was pulled aside by Triple H and he mentioned to me, ‘Rey, we would love to induct you into the Hall of Fame,” Mysterio said. “It was very shocking to me. It was like, ‘Wow.’ I remember the first words that came out of my mouth were just like, ‘I’m not ready to retire.’ He’s like, ‘No, it’s not like that.’”

The legendary star further went on to explain that even now, he’s having a hard time processing the upcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. He believes that such a prestigious milestone is supposed to come when a wrestler either retires or enters the stage of their career where they’re getting close. Rey stated that he feels neither of the factors is fitting for him.

“I’m still having a hard time digesting it because Hall of Fames are supposed to happen when you retire, when you’re getting close to retirement,” Mysterio said. “I don’t feel neither of them are close for me, but it’s a huge blessing.”

Rey Mysterio is set to face his son, Dominik Mysterio WrestleMania 39 this weekend at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California. He also recently revealed when he actually plans to retire from pro wrestling.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

Still stupid IMO putting Mysterio in this year. Why not wait until he actually retires. Why not put Austin Theory in next year. lol