Logan Paul first worked with WWE ahead of WrestleMania 37 in 2021, as he was involved with the feud between Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. He returned on the road to WrestleMania 38, and he paired up with The Miz in a rivalry with Rey and Dominik Mysterio. Paul and The Miz defeated the duo at WrestleMania 38, and Paul went on to sign with WWE. He defeated The Miz at WWE SummerSlam 2022, and he then challenged Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship in the main event of WWE Crown Jewel 2022.

After he missed a few months with a torn MCL, Paul returned at WWE Royal Rumble 2023, where he kicked off a feud with Seth Rollins. They will face off at WrestleMania 39, but Paul’s status beyond the show is unclear, as he recently stated that his contract is up after the show.

In an interview with Ariel Helwani of BT Sport, Helwani and Paul discussed his contract status.

Helwani: …You’re not going anywhere, right?

Paul: I don’t know. I don’t know. My contract ends.

Helwani: it’s done? When does it actually expire?

Paul: April 1. I was contracted for a year to do two WrestleManias and five events.

Helwani: is there any chance this is it for you? Paul: I feel like it’s unlikely. I’m a good employee.

Helwani: As of right this moment, you don’t have a deal past Saturday?

Paul: Correct.

Helwani: Has it been brought up?

Paul: It’s been brought up. But I don’t have it.

Helwani: You’d like to continue though?

Paul: of course.

Helwani then asked whether Paul want something longer than a one-year deal, and Paul noted that he believes it would be irresponsible for him to sign a long-term contract because he doesn’t know where his stock will be in a year. He then expressed his belief that WWE will renew his deal.

“This is a topic my manager and I were talking about,” Paul said. “My life moves so fast, and I don’t know what my stock will be in a year. So it seems a little irresponsible to sign anything longer than year-long contracts. I don’t know. What’s gonna happen in a year?

“Last year, at this time, I had no idea I was gonna be a full-time or almost full-time wrestler, as a staple of my career, and now I am. So yeah, I don’t know. I mean, let’s be honest, they’re gonna f—- renew my contract. Come on. It’d be silly not to. I do [want to renew it.] I think it’s very good for me.”

WWE Superstar and social media sensation Logan Paul joins Ariel Helwani to reflect on his incredible rise within the WWE, including reports on his new contract, earning respect within the locker room and holding his own and looking ahead to his huge #WrestleMania 39 showdown with Seth 'Freakin' Rollins at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.