Mercedes Mone's current contract with NJPW and Stardom is set to expire after her match this Sunday at the Stardom All-Star Grand Queendom show, where she is slated to defend her IWGP Women's Championship against Mayu Iwatani.

This comes a few months after she got her WWE release and signed with the Japan-based promotion in January, where she made her promotional debut at Wrestle Kingdom.

Although her current deal is slated to expire, she is reportedly in negotiations with Bushiroad for one more match. As of this past Sunday, the deal hadn’t been finalized yet. Should they come to terms on a new deal, she could wrestle at Dominion or another big NJPW event.

While speaking with Sports Illustrated, Mone dismissed the reports regarding her contract status.

“The rumors are so far from the truth,” says Moné. “If it’s not coming from me or my voice, then how does anyone else know my business? None of it is true unless it is coming from me. It’s just a reminder that I’m a conversation starter.”

Mone stated that Japan is her new home and detailed getting used to life in the country by riding trains and eating the food there. She stated that it has become her second home, and she’s committed to staying here to make history.

This will be the fourth time the championship has been defended since it was introduced. KAIRI became the inaugural champion by beating Mayu Iwatani in the finals of a tournament. Mone won it from KAIRI at NJPW Battle in the Valley before defending it against AZM and Hazuki at Sakura Genesis.