Will Ospreay is confident that he will have things worked out with NJPW by the time that his current deal expires next year.

Ospreay signed with the promotion in 2016, where he has found a ton of success, including being a one-time IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, one-time IWGP United States Champion, three-time IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion, and one-time NEVER Openweight Champion. He also won the Best of the Super Juniors tournament in 2016 & 2019 and won the New Japan Cup tournament in 2021.

Ospreay stated in an interview with DAZN earlier this week that his deal with the company next year.

“My contract with New Japan is up next February so from that point who's not gonna want this kid who's dedicated to being a hard worker and wanting to put on the best quality of matches?”

Ospreay clarified in an interview with Dark Puroresu Flowsion that he is confident that the two sides will reach a deal for him to remain with the promotion.

“I just wanna know what my options are doesn’t mean I’m leaving NJPW. I’m fairly positive me & NJPW will work out a deal but in case we dont I want to provide for my family, wrestle how I wanna wrestle & most importantly be happy."

Should Ospreay not reach a new deal with NJPW, WWE and AEW will certainly be interested in talking with him about joining their companies.