Trinity Fatu is opening up about her decision to sign with Impact Wrestling, as well as her emotional departure.

Trinity made her first appearances for Impact Wrestling last week, when the company held several nights of TV tapings from Chicago, IL. Her Impact debut airs Thursday night on AXS TV. She'll have an open mic to speak her mind for the first time in nearly a year.

The former WWE Superstar appeared on Busted Open Radio on Wednesday and explained why the past year has been "life-changing in all the right ways."

Trinity had a lot of options available when she became a free agent, but Impact is where she belongs. She is excited to work with their roster and believes Impact will utilize her better than anybody else.

Leaving WWE was extremely difficult for her, but now feels it was a blessing in disguise.

"I felt very stagnant and I wasn't happy," she said. "Ultimately, I left that day because of the way I was talked to and handled. Everything kind of just broke me that day."

She says there were a lot of rumors and lies spread about her last year, which brought her to the lowest point in her life.

"To go through all the backlash and the negativity and the lies and the rumors and then to also kind of just feel lost, it broke me. It was probably the lowest I've ever felt in my life. "

She was able to 'reset' her life, face everything head on and now feels more empowered than ever. She learned and grew from the experience and is extremely grateful to have this opportunity with Impact.

"I'm extremely happy now and really thankful for this opportunity to show that you haven't seen me at my best yet."

Watch Trinity Fatu's appearance on Busted Open Radio: