Since AEW launched in 2019, they’ve partnered with several different promotions, including AAA.

They still have a working relationship with the Mexico-based promotion as they presented a singles match between Kenny Omega and Mega Champion El Hijo del Vikingo on a recent episode of Dynamite.

AAA will hold the rematch between the two stars on July 15 at TripleMania.

AAA Director, Dorian Roldán, spoke about their relationship on The Business of the Business podcast, as there had been some issues between the two sides coming out of a December show where Dragon Lee beat AEW’s FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler) before announcing that he’s joining WWE. Dorian thinks all issues have been resolved.

“As everybody knows, in December when Dragon Lee was presented in WWE and all that stuff, there was a kind of — AEW was not so comfortable, and even Konnan has been talking how was the conversation with Tony Khan about it. But right now, I think we have solved all the issues. We are super, super respectful, so we understand really well how was the position with AEW with the all the things happening with the Mexican market and with the Mexican talent. But for us, they are our partners, we are going to protect their interests. We are super happy working with them. I think they are giving a great window to the roster, to the Mexican roster as RUSH and Komander, Hijo del Vikingo so, I think, yes, right now, we are in a really good moment and momentum with AEW.”

In March, AAA collaborated with the NWA to co-promote an event at a music festival in Mexico City. Regarding that working relationship, Dorian noted that he looks forward to continuing that relationship and potentially expanding into America with it.

He said that they’re happy with the relationship and think there are possibilities for expansion, including in America and another territory with the AAA brand.