Adam Cole has come a long way in the last year after battling a severe concussion, something he has credited Britt Baker with helping him get through.

The AEW was on the sidelines due to the symptoms of suffering a concussion last summer. He suffered a concussion at Double Or Nothing last May before taking a few weeks off where he had another concussion at the June Forbidden Door pay-per-view while working a Four-Way for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship with Jay White, Kazuchika Okada, and Hangman Page. At the end of the match, Cole fell to the ground, leading to White covering him immediately.

Cole returned to in-ring action on the March 29th edition of Dynamite when he beat Daniel Garcia in a singles match, leading to his current feud with Chris Jericho.

While appearing on Sports Guys Talking Wrestling, Cole discussed his journey from suffering a severe concussion last year and the support he got from his longtime girlfriend.

"Me and Britt have been together for, a little over six years at this point, and I know I've said this before, and I will say it until I'm blue in the face because it's so true, but I promise you, I don't think I could have gotten through this without her by my side. The amount of support that she showed while she's still so busy. She's practicing dentist. She's traveling on the road, and wrestling for AEW. She's doing conventions on the weekends, but she is constantly there for me. I can't tell you how many times I would call her in the middle of the night if she wasn't there or if she is there. Lots of times, I would wake up and not want to wake her up if something was going on, but it was like she knew. She knew something was wrong, and she would wake up. There was a time where I wasn't doing so good. I don't think I've told this story before, maybe I briefly touched on it. But I wasn't doing so hot, and I was up, and I was pacing back and forth. It was like 3-4 in the morning and I didn't want to wake her up but she woke up. She was there for me and consoled me for over an hour and she had to be up at 6 am, and it was, it was like no issue to her whatsoever. It was like she just wanted to do everything she could to be a support system for me at that time. Britt was vital to me, mentally getting through this entire process. And again, I couldn't ask for a better partner as far as what I went through and having her there for me. So she is absolutely wonderful and I'm glad so much of the world is able to see that side of her now."