Fans who aren't interested in watching NWA World Champion Tyrus are far from being 'real' wrestling fans, according to NWA President Billy Corgan.

Tyrus captured the NWA World Championship at NWA Hard Times 3 in November of last year. The former Brodus Clay had previously challenged for the gold at NWA 74 in August 2022 but lost to Trevor Murdoch. The rematch (which included Matt Cardona) came about when Tyrus vacated the NWA World Television Championship under the 'Lucky 7' rule.

Tyrus' tenure as champion has not been well-received by fans. Many believe that the biggest reason Corgan made Tyrus the champion is because of his presence on FOX News. In addition to regular appearances on 'Gutfeld' Tyrus was the co-host of 'Un-PC' from 2018 to 2019. Following a sexual harassment lawsuit by co-host Britt McHenry (which was later withdrawn by McHenry and settled out of court), Tyrus began presenting his own show 'Nuff Said. On FOX programming, Tyrus often appears with the NWA World Championship.

Billy Corgan has repeatedly refuted the notion that the decision to make Tyrus NWA World Champion has anything to do with his work with FOX. Speaking with the New York Post, Corgan stated that fans rejecting Tyrus as champion speaks more about the kind of fans they are.

"I think if people bring those things into the realm of wrestling, and it changes their willingness to watch, that’s not a customer that I am catering to. I grew up in a time of old-school heat. Old-school heat was the Polish guy told the German guy, using World War II references, that he was gonna beat him up. Very politically incorrect

"When Tyrus walks through the door, he brings the heat, and if you’re not gonna watch him, then you’re not a wrestling fan. I’m not booking a charity. I’m booking a professional wrestling company. There are people that have a problem with the New York Post. If that was going to deny you opportunities in the world to appear on a show, or write for another magazine, that’s not a world that I want to live in."

Corgan went on to say that he will book the NWA his way, and not allow fans to dictate the product. The NWA President gave the Star Wars fandom as an example of toxic fans manipulating films and programs due to hateful campaigns. Following the release of 2017's 'The Last Jedi' a group of fans attempted to force a 'remake' of the film to no success.