AEW head Tony Khan recently spoke about the legendary superstar, Sting. 'The Icon' has not been in the programming for quite some time and fans have been concerned regarding his status.

Sting made his AEW debut on December 2, 2020, after a tag team match that pitted Cody Rhodes and Darby Allin against Powerhouse Hobbs and Ricky Starks at ‘Winter Is Coming.’

'The Icon' has been absent from AEW recently. The Icon" last competed on the March 22 episode of AEW Dynamite when he teamed with Darby Allin and Orange Cassidy to beat Kip Sabian, The Butcher, and The Blade in a trios match. He also hasn't appeared on pay-per-view since AEW Full Gear in November where he and Allin beat Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal in a No Disqualification match.

Now, AEW President Tony Khan provided an update on the current status and in-ring future of the legendary wrestler.
Tony Khan opens up on Sting's in-ring future potential retirement

Sting has been one of the greatest names in the pro wrestling industry. He has been entertaining the fans for three decades now and he shows no signs of stopping. The 64-year-old has also pulled off some high-risk moves recently which many at his age wouldn't be able to do.

During the AEW Double or Nothing media call, Khan was asked to shed light on Sting's in-ring future. Here is what he said:

“I am going to try and keep Sting wrestling and active as long as he wants to do it. He hasn’t really given me a set time. He’s mentioned it at times that he’s not going to wrestle forever. Truth be told, I would like Sting to compete as long as he wants. I really think he adds so much to the company and going forward, as we add more TV shows, more presence on TBS and TNT for AEW, having somebody like Sting in the company, such a great star and a great business asset for the company, but also a great person. We love having him here and I would love for Sting to stay as long as he could.”

On Sting’s eventual retirement match, Khan said:

“Whenever he does decide that it’s time for his last match, we would definitely want to make it a big event and I think it’s one of, frankly, the biggest moments out there in pro wrestling right now; Sting’s retirement match."

By the looks of it, Sting is not slowing down anytime soon and he still has a lot of gas left in the tank.