AEW star Kris Statlander has revealed her goals after becoming the new TBS Champion.

Statlander made her massive return at last night's AEW Double or Nothing pay-per-view which took place in Paradise, Nevada.

Kris Statlander was the major highlight of the event. She put an end to a winning streak of Jade Cargill and dethroned her off the TBS title.

Cargill put the TBS Title on the line against Taya Valkyrie at the AEW Double or Nothing event from Las Vegas, Nevada. The match was mostly dominated by Taya, who even hit an outside dive to Mark Sterling. The match also saw some near falls including Taya hitting a curb stomp and her finisher. However, Jade went over with her finisher.

Following the bout, Sterling cut a promo about how there is no one left to challenge Jade for the title only for Statlander to walk out to answer the open challenge. They kept it short as Statlander hit her finisher for the win. This ended Jade’s 60-0 winning streak.

Speaking on the post-show media scrum, the newly-crowned TBS Champion said she wants to have a dominating run similar to Cargill. She also spoke about her road to winning the gold. Statlander further stated that she will prove that she deserved to win the title:

“I would say, aim for the stars and hopefully I could have a reign as long as [Cargill’s]. And if that doesn’t happen, I just want it to be fulfilling not just for me, but for the company, for the fans. I want everything I do to mean something. And it’s — I don’t wanna say it’s been a long time coming, but I had to blow out two knees to get here.

"And a lot of times in recovering from injuries like that and just seeing a lot of people thinking that ACL tears are a death sentence to a career. But knowing that they aren’t anymore, it — it gets to you. And you know, I’ve said ‘a lot of self-doubt’ a lot of times, but I’m going to prove not only to everyone that I do deserve to be a champion, but I’m going to also take the time to prove to myself that I deserve to be one.”

She had been sidelined with a completely torn ACL and lateral meniscus injury. The 27-year-old star endured the injury on the August 5 edition of Dark in a match against Sierra when she landed wrong on her right leg after connecting with a big boot. The following month, she went under the knife to get it fixed.

The AEW Women's division has a plethora of talents and we will have to see how Kris Statlander performs as the champ.