Kenny Omega is widely regarded as one of the best in-ring performers of this generation, so it's a big deal if he labels you "the best" and someone he actively studies to become better.

Over the weekend, a fan on Twitter posed the question is "better" - Kenny Omega or Kurt Angle in his prime. The responses were overwhelmingly in favor of Angle, a 12-time World Champion and WWE Hall of Famer.

There are several Hall of Fame caliber performers that one could reasonably point to as the greatest of all time. Ric Flalir, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Eddie Guerrero, Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage, AJ Styles and Bryan Danielson would all be very acceptable answers to the hypothetical question of, "Who is the greatest of all time?"

Omega came across the Tweet comparing him to 'peak Kurt Angle' and replied in a way that is sure to put a smile on Angle's face.

AEW's 'Best Bout Machine' says he's "the best" for a reason. When he wants to improve his craft, he's not firing up footage of his own matches. He's watching the Olympic Gold medalist in hopes of honing his skillset.

Kenny Omega and Kurt Angle have been complimentary of one another in previous public statements. Back in late 2021, Omega explained why he's so inspired by Angle. Omega said he's never seen anybody be so entertaining in wrestling while also being a world-class in-ring technician.

"If I were to name one more guy that was really an inspiration to kind getting to where I'm at now in the ring, maybe it's Kurt Angle," said Omega. "I just appreciate the real athleticism that goes into what he does without sacrificing that entertaining aspect. He was willing to do whatever it took to make a crowd happy. To make people laugh, to make people cry but his capabilities were second to none."

Angle has also been complimentary of Omega over the years. During a 2021 appearance on Chris Jericho's Talk is Jericho podcast, Angle said Omega reminds him a lot of AJ Styles, whom he worked closely with in TNA/Impact Wrestling.

"[Styles and Omega] are a step above everybody. For whatever reason. I don't know what it is, but they have the it factor. These guys put on tremendous matches. I'm not buying all the six and seven star matches by Dave Meltzer, but the only person that gets like six, seven, eight, nine stars is Kenny Omega, and he deserves it. It's really incredible how good he really is."