Gable Steveson is said to be "flourishing" in his journey to become a WWE Superstar, but could take a detour to compete in the Olympics next year.

It was after capturing Olympic Gold in the Tokyo 2021 Summer Games that Steveson signed with WWE as part of the NIL program. Despite high expectations for Steveson, and being drafted to Raw in 2021, it was reported that he had not shown the level of progress that the company hoped to have seen. Steveson has yet to have a match with WWE but did suplex Chad Gable at WrestleMania 38 in April 2022.

Steveson, the brother of NXT Superstar Damon Kemp, has been in training for some time, and according to the Olympian, has made significant progress. Speaking to KSTP Sports Director Joe Schmit Steveson addressed his WWE future and how his training is going.

“I want to go out there on tv. I want to be the person people thought I was and I don’t want any doubt in my mind that I’m not.

“I’m getting the hang of doing everything the correct way – landing right, match psychology, everything in between. I’m flourishing and hopefully they see it, too.”

While Steveson hopes to be on the main roster soon, the 22-year-old is also got his eye on competing in next year's Summer Olympic Games in Paris, France. In the interview, Steveson said the idea of a return to amateur wrestling remains a possibility.

“They’ve approved the fact that I can chase a couple tournaments. I think time will tell the Olympics story. Who knows because it’s a year away but I think we’re in good strides to make that progression.”

If Steveson is committed to competing in Paris next year, then he has already made huge strides toward achieving that goal. Last month, Steveson dominated the competition to win the U.S. Open, and many expect a return to the Olympics is next.