AEW officially announced the launch of AEW Collision, a new weekly in-ring series that will air Saturday nights on TNT from 8-10pm (Eastern). It will feature stars such as Powerhouse Hobbs, Samoa Joe, Thunder Rosa, Miro, and Andrade El Idolo, among others.

Several wrestling experts have been vocal about the introduction of the new show might put a risk of over saturation. However, it seems Samoa Joe is happy with the new show.

It is noteworthy that Saturday night is usually busy for sports and entertainment all year round. It becomes especially challenging between October and April because that’s NHL season and ice hockey is one of the most popular sports in Canada and many parts of the United States.

Now, pro wrestling fans have wondered why AEW would choose to have a show on such a competitive evening in a busy timeslot.
Samoa Joe explains how AEW Collision will benefit the talents

Speaking with Evan Mack on The Kick Rocks Wrestling Podcast, Joe described how he sees AEW Collision as an opportunity for AEW to give some members of the roster who haven't gotten a lot of opportunities lately the chance to be featured on TV.

He was asked whether having more shows creates more opportunities to which Joe stated that he believed that was the case. He explained that the fans have been wanting to see different talents on AEW TV, and having another show will give the company the chance to put more stars in the spotlight. He said:

“More shows create more opportunities, absolutely. I think this is definitely an example. I think for years, people have been saying they wanted to see more and different talents on AEW, and some talents have more of a chance to be showcased in a longer format, and I think Collision is gonna definitely offer up those opportunities, as well as bringing your favorite AEW stars to one more night a week."

AEW Collision premiere is set to be held at Chicago's famous United Center, where CM Punk made his return to pro wrestling in 2021. AEW had a backup plan in place if the former AEW World Champion wouldn't return to the show. CM Punk's return was previously rumored.

However, CM Punk himself had blasted the reports about his return. Reports had emerged and there was apparently a positive development on the matter. CM Punk had even teased facing former rival Samoa Joe.