Nick Aldis has shared why exactly he didn't sign with WWE after his tenure with the NWA expired last year.

Aldis, a two-time former NWA World Champion, announced that he was leaving the NWA last November, and spoke openly about the issues he had had with Billy Corgan. Aldis also claimed that Corgan disrespected his wife Mickie James and women's wrestling after comments about a second all-female 'Empowerrr' was not feasible because lack of worthy women's wrestlers to put together a show

In response, Aldis was suspended from the promotion and pulled from events, and would sit out the remainder of his time with the NWA before his contract expired in January 2023.

When Aldis left the NWA, many predicted that he would sign with WWE, one of the few major promotions in the U.S. he has yet to compete for. With Aldis' departure being close to WWE's Royal Rumble, many predicted that he would be a surprise debut in the Men's Royal Rumble match. That didn't happen and while speaking to METRO, Aldis explained his decision not to sign with WWE.

"As far as WWE, timing is everything. I don’t wanna speak to it too much, but timing was a big factor. I think everyone knows that there’s a lot going on there. Who knows?” He also stated, “I don’t wanna speak too much about my conversations with [WWE]. And I certainly don’t want to imply or suggest that I had a choice of anywhere to go. That would be disingenuous or dishonest. It’s more about, what’s the best option right now? I did need a little bit of a mental break because I did put a lot of pressure on myself."

Instead of WWE, Aldis instead returned to IMPACT Wrestling at the company's Rebellion event and has teased a feud with IMPACT World Champion Steve Maclin. Aldis' return to IMPACT has allowed him to work with his wife who is part of the Knockouts division but is currently out with an injury.