The wrestling business became very personal for Tony Khan when he had to deal with alleged contract tampering by WWE while at his mother's hospital bedside.

Khan has previously claimed that "a lot of wrestlers" in AEW had come to him, stating that WWE had reached out to them hoping they would break their contracts. Speaking in February 2023, Khan didn't name who WWE had allegedly contacted but called the action "very disturbing."

A lot has been said about Tony Khan's social media activity as of late, especially after he mocked Triple H & Shawn Michaels as 'bald a**holes' prior to this week's Tuesday Night War.

Following NXT's decisive win over AEW Dynamite, an undeterred Khan tweeted about John Cena & The Undertaker being on a show that garnered under 1 million viewers, a comment that took those in AEW by surprise.

Khan addressed the situation again on social media and revealed that some of his bitterness towards WWE stems from an ugly incident one year ago.

This weekend marks the one-year anniversary since he nearly lost his mother due to health issues. Khan claims that was while he was at her side in the hospital, WWE reached out to several AEW wrestlers and 'tampered' by trying to lure them away from AEW while he was preoccupied with caring for his mother.

"This weekend marks 1 year since @MayoClinic saved my mom's life. During her ordeal many AEW talent came to me alleging WWE tampering, inducing them to break their contracts. I'll never forget these phone calls at her side in the hospital; it's when business became personal for me"

Khan also commented "WWE avatar accounts" that spam him, who have now used his mother's near-death experience as ammunition, saying he hates those people with all his soul. He wrote:

"Not that I should be surprised, but the same WWE avatar accounts that spam me every day, no matter what I say or what it's about, now turning their wrath to Mom recovering from a near death experience, is why I straight hate these people to the bottom of my heart with all my soul.

This is nothing new, I mentioned it last year after she came home. It's relevant today because she checked in for surgery 1 year ago today. As I've mentioned several times since, @MayoClinic are heroes and thanks to them, her recovery from a very grim outlook has been a miracle."