WXW, the wrestling promotion run by WWE Hall of Famer Afa, will host its very last show in less than two months, it has been confirmed.

In a statement from the WXW Wrestling account on Facebook, it was said that Afa's health issues have led to this sad but ultimately necessary decision:

"Good morning, WXW Universe. Our wrestlers, staff, family, and fans are all heartbroken and reeling from the announcement last night from our beloved founder and Pops, Afa the Wild Samoan, that Saturday April 13th will be the last #WXWWrestling show.

"Instead of X-Treme War, that event will be called The Grand Finale. After 27 years, WXW will be opening our doors one last time. This news was not easy to hear last night.

"Due to Afa's serious heart condition, his mild-moderate vascular dementia with Alzheimer's, and other health complications, he felt that April would be the perfect time to take our final bows and close an amazing 27- year chapter. Being that he is the heart and soul of WXW, his family tearfully agreed, and his wrestlers, though very sad, support his decision.

"We'll see you one more time in person, Saturday, April 13th for the Grand Finale super-show. There will be more matches, an earlier start time, and some big names from WXW's incredible 27-year legacy. We love you all, thank you for all your support throughout these many years."

In a separate statement, WXW's COO and 'Central Nervous System Vale Anoa'i added:

"I handled it the best I could last night, but I'm an absolute sobbing mess this morning. WXW has been the center of my universe for 27 years, I was 11 years old when we started WXW after closing down its predecessor, Trans-World Wrestling Federation.

"Now, on the verge of 39, I look back in wonder and astonishment at how much of an impact this company, this wrestling life, has made. How many people from all over the world were brought together for this one purpose? How many thousands of wrestlers, referees, managers, camera operators, ring announcers, music people, ring crew, students, editors, photographers, ticket takers, poster/flyer designers, commercial makers, food concession workers, bell ringers, etc. have been part of us through the decades. How many fans from near and far followed and supported WXW since the beginning. Most significantly, how many people learned something from my father?

"How some of the very biggest stars in wrestling history have been part of us. It's an incredibly emotional time for me, my family, and all of WXW. So all I can say is thank you, I love you, and hopefully as many of us as possible will be together on April 13th to honor this astonishing legacy."

At this time, no matches have been announced for The Grand Finale.