WCW legend Psicosis has expressed his gratitude to the fans for their unwavering support and for providing financial assistance during this difficult time.

On Thursday, February 15, Psicosis suffered a fall while working and he wasn't sure regarding the seriousness of the injury. A few days passed and the veteran star's pain was not subsiding. This is when Fellow Luchador Damian recommended him to get medical evaluation and the diagnosis revealed a serious injury.

After he arrived at the hospital, scans showed that Psicosis had sustained a broken right hip. He was informed that it required emergency surgery. The procedure was a success and he will need a significant amount of time to recuperate. Psicosis has disclosed that he has been given a timeline of six months.

Taking to his Twitter/X account, Psicosis issued a statement detailing the scary incident. He revealed that he is in absolute rest and some shed light on his recovery period.

The 52-year-old star also thanked the fans who donated to the GoFundMe campaign that has been launched to assist the wrestling veteran during his recovery:

“On February 15, 2024, I suffered a fall at work. At the time, I didn’t know how serious the fall was. A few days passed and Damian recommended that I go to the hospital because the pain was not subsiding.

I took his advice and went to the hospital where they informed me that my right hip was broken. The doctors recommended that I stay in the hospital and undergo emergency surgery.

Thank God, the operation was a success and I am currently in absolute rest with the company of my family. However, I will be in recovery for the next 6 months.

My friend Ruben from Masked Republic opened a GoFundMe to raise funds to support me with different expenses that will arise during my recovery time.

I thank you all for your support during this time."

Psicosis made his wrestling debut in 1989 after being trained by Rey Mysterio Sr. In America, he is known for his stints with WCW where he mainly competed in the company's cruiserweight division.

During this time, he wrestled alongside people such as Juventud Guerrera, and Rey Mysterio Jr. and also held the Cruiserweight title for a short period.

Over 50 donations so far have brought more than $7500 of the $20,000 goal. Wrestling veteran Chris Jericho has made a hefty donation of $3500 to help his former colleague. You can also donate to help the former champion here.