Jim Ross suggests that airing the infamous All In: London 2023 backstage footage helped with nothing but the storyline between FTR and The Young Bucks.

During the Grilling JR podcast, the veteran commentator shared his take on the backstage footage. He believes that airing the backstage clip benefits the ongoing feud between FTR and The Young Bucks as both teams are set to collide in a ladder match for the AEW World Tag Team titles at AEW Dynasty on April 21.

AEW President Tony Khan faced criticism for airing the footage. However, Good Ol' JR doesn't have any other interpretation of airing the clip apart from helping "tie together" an important pay-per-view match. Here is what he said:

"The value of showing that footage to me was the fact that you got on with your storytelling [with] FTR and the Bucks. So to me, when that was the direction that was chosen, I was much more comfortable showing that footage. Other than that, I’m not sure what it meant. I’m not sure why we did it, other than the fact that it helped tie together a very crucial and important pay-per-view match. So that’s my thoughts on that deal."

The backstage video clip was aired on the April 10 edition of AEW Dynamite and it was only a few days after CM Punk shared his side of the story of what went down that night. Another AEW commentator wasn't against the idea of revealing the footage. Tony Khan had explained his decision to air the footage as well.

Many critics believe Khan's idea to air the debatable footage was an attempt to take a shot back at CM Punk, who parted ways with the promotion under controversial circumstances. It is widely believed that Khan's attempt misfired and further hurt the reputation of AEW.

However, the AEW head has revealed that he received a green signal from those at TBS to air the video clip and the network officials were "happy" with the April 10 edition of Dynamite which saw a boost in the viewership.