Rossy Ogawa's termination from STARDOM was an unfortunate but necessary call after he allegedly deceived the promotion with health concerns.

Ogawa was fired from the promotion he founded in February 2024 in a shocking move that led to speculation talent would quit in protest. Ogawa was accused of poaching STARDOM talent for a new promotion he'd been working on, a claim Ogawa denied at the time.

With Ogawa out of the picture, Taro Okada was quickly promoted to being the promotion's president. In a recent interview with Encount, Okada explained the circumstances surrounding Ogawa's exit.

"Considering sales, I felt that the organization was unstable. It was like a venture company that was aiming for sales of 100-200 million yen, but was somehow managing to do everything by handouts."

Okada added that Ogawa claimed he was ready to leave STARDOM for health reasons. After Okada and others learned of plans Ogawa's plans to launch a promotion, they didn't take his deception well.

"Ogawa told me when we first met that he was quitting. At the time, he said it was a matter of physical strength. Then, in January of this year, I heard that Mr. Ogawa was going independent and that he was talking to a number of wrestlers. If we were to split up, it would be an unstable business."

While Ogawa has claimed he was not poaching talent for a new promotion, he has since gone on to launch Marigold who are set to host their first event this June. The show will feature a number of ex-STARDOM talent, including Giulia. The ex-NJPW Strong Women's Champion is also set to join WWE very soon.