Tony Khan sought to remind fans that AEW is where the best wrestle with his controversial remarks during the recent NFL Draft.

While representing the Jacksonville Jaguars, Khan spoke about AEW being an alternative to WWE and said his promotion is the Pepsi of professional wrestling. Rather than compare WWE to Coca-Cola as many expected, Khan said that WWE was evil and equivalent to Harvey Weinstein.

This comment has divided fans. Some believe it was fair given the allegations of misconduct leveled at former WWE Chairman Vince McMahon who resigned back in January. Others felt the comment was unnecessary and offensive to victims of Weinstein and that Khan was using their experiences to further his grudge with WWE.

Speaking to Dean 'Mojo' Muhtadi of TMZ Sports, Khan was asked about the response to his comments:

"I think it is important to say that I think AEW is the best wrestling company in the world in many ways. I think that we have the best wrestlers, the best matches, we've been putting on the best shows."

Those in WWE have, rather unsurprisingly, not taken kindly to Khan's comparison to Harvey Weinstein, Bryan Alvarez reports. Those in AEW feel the same way and have taken exception to Khan's suggestion that WWE is an 'evil' company. Many names on AEW's roster have previously worked in WWE and have friends and/or partners who currently work for the competition.

While Khan is fiercely passionate about WWE, his comments in the past have often not been well-received. Khan infamous alleged that an army of WWE-endorsed bots were attacking AEW on social media and had his issue with Jinder Mahal earlier this year. With the response to his Weinstein comments, the AEW President may want to take a pause the next time he has something big to say.