Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Main Eventer

Default WWE Titles other than the main ones neglect

After seeing the 'rumoured' WM24 card and also seeing how PPVs have been going lately, IMO all the other WWE Titles are neglected and practically worthless now and the only cared about ones are the WWE Championship, the World Heavyweight Championship and the ECW Championship is not treated like a world title though everyone there acts like it is but it is the belt they use to help make someone big.

On RAW, the IC title has been defended only once recently and wasn't even intended to change hands and that was against Orton but before that it was months and now Jeff is somewhat in the main event picture and he just walks around with the title while trying to get to the WWE title and even in his match against Orton it made it seem like the IC belt meant nothing because JR and King made it sound like Jeff was so hungry for gold yet he was already holding some! Of course, most of the IC contenders who should have the belt are now in tag-teams on RAW(Santino, Carlito, Hardcore Holly, Cody Rhodes etc) or just doing nothing(Charlie Haas). The tag-team division on RAW is a complete mess because it is rare to even see Hardcore Holly and Rhodes on TV and the other official tag-teams are practically non-existent or just jobbers to people. The Women's belt was doing fine with Mickie going for it but now the champion is in a Bunny match at WM24...

Over on SD!, the US title hasn't been defended in a while and that's understandable because Matt Hardy's gone but there must be someone they could have there at least get into a small feud with MVP for the belt to make use of it or acknowledge it's existence for a while until Matt comes back(Batista could have done it but not take it). The CW Belt is gone and the memory of it is as a joke. The WWE Tag-Team belts are on a good team but it's being defended and shown mainly on ECW, it's a good mix up to expose it to new people but more teams should be going for it(more legit ones too than Dreamer/Delaney).

On ECW, the ECW Championship is just to push people and there are so many other belts that can do that on the other shows but they seem to want to push them with that belt(Morrison/ Shelton someday/ Punk/Chavo/ Kofi eventually etc) and also having the ECW Champion show up in the Royal Rumble makes you wonder and actually think 'Would someone who wins the Royal Rumble actually go for the ECW Belt?' and the answer is a huge 'NO!'. The ECW Belt needs to become a legit world title and WWE needs to use all of their belts instead of just using the world titles and neglecting everything else.

Your thoughts on the matter?

i cant agree more eel lesser title matches usually sell the ppv for me and make it interesting and without them being defended the ppvs seem dull
    The Eel Collection
    [Today 03:41 PM] EeL: can you touch yourself for me please
    [Today 06:27 PM] EeL: I was hoping you'd be a perfectly tanned muscle head!
    [Today 05:10 PM] EeL: I wish I could meet Bam Neely just to touch his beard
    [Today 10:57 PM] EeL: now I just need Rob in here to give him my special chocolate bar
    [Today 09:16 PM] EeL: gay tackle! yay! I love those
    [Today 09:47 PM] EeL: jacking off, I'm down for that
    You Have My Bow

[Today 03:16 PM] Punisher: Rob aint got shit on you

I've noticed this as well. It seems the WWE has no interest in pushing all of the titles on the show, just the major ones. Yet at the same time, they scratch their heads as to the reason why they're getting poor ratings. When the only good part to watch through two hours of show is the Main Event scene, then I don't blame many for not watching. WWE needs to put as much effort in the lower card as they do the main event. That's what they used to do, every title had a feud, every title division had a healthy amount of challengers. There was interesting and enticing segments to watch, and all of it revolved around the individual titles. You can't expect one title to carry the whole show, and the sooner WWE realizes this, the better.

Main Eventer

WWE really needs to pay more attention to the lower titles because I miss seeing ladder matches etc for the IC Title and now it's just a decoration for Jeff Hardy's waist... Instead of just using the ECW Title to push people, use the many others they have to push people:hmm:

I agree with what you guys said. I can't believe the last time the IC title was defended at WrestleMania was in 2002 when I was in attendance. This is insane! The IC title used to be much more important and used to give us solid feud. Just remember the feud between HHH and The Rock in 1998 which elevated both superstars to main event status. And that's only one feud among others. The IC title shouldn't be around the waist of a superstar who's competing for the World title.

WWE also needs to address the tag team division which is such a complete mess right now. I have nothing against Holly-Rhodes and Morrison-Miz but they need serious competition and they need to be on tv every week.

The Women's champion competing in a "Bunny match" is simply ridiculous! Beth Phoenix vs Mickie James would have been 10 times better. Let Maria, Candice and Melina have a pillow fight, I don't care, but let the champion compete on the grandest stage.

Main Eventer

^ Personally, it would have worked great for the Bunny match to be:
    Candice/Maria vs Melina/Jillian

While the Women's title be defended in:
    Beth Phoenix vs Mickie James.
    They were pushing the above match for weeks and now it was just forgotten...

The IC title really needs to be defended at WM, sigh how things change for the worse...

I Better Than You GerardRkoGillen's Avatar

I think WWE is trying to get there talent to build themselves and they arent worrying about the title or anything. I know this sounds stupid but this is all I can think off

Fact of the matter is, gimmicks make money. Mayweather=free publicity... Bunny match=to promote the magazine, which I'm sure Playboy is part of. It's all about money.

Main Eventer

^ Which is IMO what will be the downfall of WWE...

On the bench!

It isnt only WWE fault. Champ makes credibility to title
    IC title was big thing before Jeff won it. When Nitro had it or UMAGA Last year IC title was part of the Battle of Billionairs and that was huge. No matter if it isnt defended the IC champs have big rol in WM. They are part of Money in the bank and that is show stealing match
    Raws tag titles are total shit for a long time thats true
    SM tag titles are used very well. Matt and MVP as tag champs that was great you always waited if they would get along. Now Miz and Morrison Morrison is one of the best wrestlers I have ever seen. They make the titles look great defending it many times on ECW.
    ECW title. Its for push they use it because it have a legacy and when someone wins it it almost like World title. They cant make it like a world title cuz you dont have anyone on the roster with that credibility
    US title. MVP was defending it against Mysterio after Matts injury and now he is put in a small feud with Batista

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast