Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Whom do you think will be (your) wrestler of the year for 2006?

The question lies in the subject.

I think i got to go with John Cena. He's started the year by winning the Chamber.....then he defeated Edge at the Rumble.....then was the WrestleMania MainEvent with none other than the GAME! then came Backlash.....and now another ace match with RVD at ONS. He has improved with every match he's wrestled. Props to the Guy. So much in 6 months make me forecast him as my Wrestler of the year for 2006.

My past Wrestler of the Year:
    2005: Shawn Michaels
    2004: Tie - Triple H, Chris Benoit
    2003: Brock Lesnar
    2002: Triple H
    2001: The Rock
    2000: Triple H

Other Contenders:
    Triple H
    Kurt Angle
    Rey Mysterio
    (should i mention Great Khali? lol )

CENA HANDS DOWN!

or Lashley...

WWE: A New Beginning BTB in Creative, written by F4L, and Dubbz4President, Click Banner, and Read/Comment/Review! Thanks, and all will be repped and appreciated!

Hmmm this is a tough one I have been impressed since WM 22 about Rob Van Dam since hes come back from a year long injury but now that hes on ECW cant really catagorize him as WWE although ECW is owned by WWE. Shelton Benjamin has been able to be very solid in my consideration with his athletic ability to make those amazing leaps and that sharp kick right to the back of the neck. Fit Finlay for his age has done a good job inside that ring. Like him or despise him John Cena has put in alot of effort in trying to get better on the mic and inside the ring. Kurt Angle since his move to Smackdown has helped create that strong fine line of wrestling ability but with Smackdown's roster as thin as it is hes not getting the nod. Bobby Lashley has really impressed me, but I do feel that the WWE is sort of making him into the Black Brock Lesnar who they needed to finad a replacement to fill the gap when he left because after he left WM 20 nobody that young and that powerful has made an impact in the WWE since then. Booker has put on in my mind probably one of the best showings in a long time in his WWE Career recently even being proclaimed the King of the Ring but would somebody please throw booker a bone here and elevate him to the Main event for the World Heavyweight Title? But my Wrestler of the year pick would have to be:

2006 WWE Wrestler of the year: Edge

Edge, since winning the First ever Money in the Bank match back at wm 21 has really shown the drive and the charisma to be very effective inside that ring and carry the WWE Title as a great Heel. Since shocking the Wrestling world by beating Cena out of No where at New Years Revolution cashing in his money in the bank title oppertunity he has been on a role ever since flipping from Main event Title to Hardcore War at ECW 1 Night Stand then flipping back to Title Edge has shown me that he has been the total package and has continued to impress me each and every week with his skills in and effective promo's out of the wrestling ring.

cena is a hack, this is the year of randy orton

Randy Orton...........the guy has put up the best of boring matches all the year. His bout against Angle was impressive though.

I don't think Randy Orton is gonna be it. Despite how good or his bad his past matches have been, his out of the ring actions have caused WWE to punish him, and if he continues in such a way, which he is, WWE will try its best to suppress his in-ring skills in several ways, e.g. putting him in against bad wretlers, and making him lose in each match, in an attempt to deplete his ego.

Taking that into account, I think the spot is a tie between John Cena and Egde. Both wrestlers have continuously impressed me so far this year, and both have taken me by surprise, so much so that I cannot just persue upon one, and leave the other one unsung.
    THE RATED R USER

agree with ya Adam........but Cena's got a Wrestlemania Mainevent to his credit. That makes him my wrestler of year 2006

Ring Crew

I m not willin to go with Cena but had to go with him because he is the player of this year. He has held the title for so long and all the peeps support him.
    Moreover his was the mania headlighter and played fair match with HHH,But looked agood match in front of the others.
    But i thin that Cena has runed the bussiness quite good and his is the player of the year
    Hhahahah

Do you think that Cena vs Triple H at WWrestlemania 22 was a "fair" match????

IMO, it was an ace match, a certain match of the year contender, and arguably the best match and the biggest win for John Cena.

Also......you say that Cena has runned Business for WWE. I might say He's boosted sales for his WWE merchandise. Guys like Triple H, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels boost up the PPV buyrates, attendances and thus these guys actually run the business.{ IMO }

I m agree with u hunt..!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast