Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

John Cena Character change?

Creative team is discussing the possibility of altering John Cena's character when he returns from his neck injury. WWE would like him to have a stronger connection with the audience, similar to The Rock and Steve Austin. One idea is to have him turn heel, but officials are worried about the effect of merchandise sales it would have.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Best thing they've talked bout in a long long time. Cena needs to turn heel. His character is dull and he'll still sell merchandise.
    Last edited by JohnCenaFan28; 09-13-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    < Thanks Eragon

< Thanks Joe

Yes, I've been saying this forever. He needs to turn heel. He needs to. He's just become so damn boring as of late, and he's saying the same thing over and over again. At one time you could at least expect an entertaining promo from him, but not anymore. Turning him heel would definitely be the best idea.

I really hope this happens.

turn him heel, that will make the people like him better, and won't affect merchandise that much...

I have been saying forever that Cena needs to turn heel... And soon! He is so boring at the moment. And him being a heel surely is not going to affect merchandise sales as badly as the WWE seems to think it will!

He's so over, I don't know how they'd turn him heel. If he attacks Batista, Batista will become the heel by default. He he jumps HHH, same thing. Shawn Michaels may be the only guy who can get Cena over as a heel now. I mean, he's become such a superface...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Boy View Post
    turn him heel, that will make the people like him better, and won't affect merchandise that much...
    Even if turning Cena heel does affect merchandising sales, who cares? TV rating is much more important than merchandising sales. They make a lot of money already. What they need to fix is their ratings. Otherwise they won't have a station to air on.
    < Thanks Eragon

< Thanks Joe

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Cena must turn he's been face for an eternity...............of course if they turn Batista it may not happen...............but it must be remembered that Austin n Rock were heel too at one point of time and that only helped WWE

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

and finally WWE reads what ive had in my head ever since he was out injured...heel turn thats exactly what i want!

Its so easy to turn heel all he has to do is go out and say I am not champion becasue of all of you blah blah blah its so easy HHH has done it thousands of times and team 3D on TNA did the same thing. And seriously it wont affect merchandise sales look at Edge for example he has some of the highest sales in the company and HHH when he was heel sold so many things

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1