Ryan Bader is well aware of his perceived underdog status to UFC 126 opponent Jon Jones.

Jones, of course, is one of the fastest-rising prospects in recent UFC history, and the hype has comes from all sides – fans, media and even his fellow fighters.

Bader, though, said it's just going to make his eventual victory over Jones all the sweeter.

Bader (12-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) and Jones (11-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) meet in a pivotal bout at UFC 126, which takes place Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The light-heavyweight matchup is one of five that airs live on pay-per-view.

Additionally, depending on how two other marquee 205-pound matchups shake out – a UFC 126 co-headliner of Rich Franklin vs. Forrest Griffin and UFC 130's Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Thiago Silva – a potential title shot could be on the line for Bader and Jones.

So with doubters abound, Bader quietly readies for a victory he and only a few others expect.

"It's going to feel good to prove a lot of people wrong and go out there and beat him," he said Thursday.

Bader, who joined the UFC after winning "The Ultimate Fighter 8," knows why people are interested in the fight. Despite taking third billing on Saturday's card, it's undoubtedly one of the most intriguing matchups at the sold-out Super Bowl weekend blockbuster. It's the exact type of fight you'd rarely see in boxing: two heavily touted prospects who've never experienced a legitimate loss and still a year or two away from their prime.

While the loser can work his way back to title contention, someone's hype train is getting derailed.

But Bader understands the booking.

"It would have been cool if we would have met later down the road, but this is a fight that fans wanted to see, and we're both two young guys bound to be on a collision source, and here we are," he said.

Bader most recently knocked off notable Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 119, and few fighters have offered much of a challenge before that. He gets better with every fight. His striking skills quickly are catching up with his accomplished amateur-wrestling credentials.

Quite frankly, he's a grinder. But a damn good one at that.

Still, it's not enough for many pundits.

"The media and the fans have pretty much written me off altogether in this fight," he said. "[Jones] has rolled through people. I'm undefeated, but he's been doing it in devastating fashion and taking people out in the first round. He's flashy and dynamic, and people love to see it. We're pretty much opposite fighters."

Jones may have the pizazz, but Bader said he's got some tools to compete with him.

"I've got power in my hands, good wrestling, and I definitely have worked on some new stuff I'm going to let loose in this fight," he said. "I used to fight on instinct and in tunnel vision, but I opened up more. Every fight, I feel better and better and better."

Bader, though, completely understands the fascination with Jones. He's a human highlight reel, and even proven veterans apparently have balked at the prospect of fighting Jones.

Where they see trouble, Bader sees opportunity.

"I think he's an exciting fighter, very dynamic, brings lot of stuff, and I respect him as a fighter and a person," he said. "But it just gives me more motivation to go out there and beat him and move up."