British heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury, fresh off a win over former champ Wladimir Klitschko, recently appeared on the MMA Hour to say MMA is for people who can’t box, and that he feels he’s the best combat fighter on the planet.

“I think MMA is for people who can’t box, basically.”

“Anything that’s stand-up, one-on-one combat, for me, I’m into,” Fury explained. “As soon as they start going up and down the floor and scoring points – not too sure how it works – but what I see, I’m not really too interested in. Sometimes they can stay on the floor quite a while before the referee says gets up before anything is going on. I just like to see the strikes getting blowed: punches, kicks, knees, whatever you like. All stand-up action.”

According to Fury he’s been in talks with Bellator MMA president Scott Coker, but his real target is the UFC’s former heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

“Me and Scott Coker’s had many conversations in the past about coming to Bellator and fight. I’m the heavyweight champion on the world in boxing, and I’d like to unify and switch.

“I’d like to fight the UFC heavyweight champion. I’ve been calling Cain Velasquez out for two years, and then he got beaten, so it showed you what I said was about right. I’m not really interested in a 100 percent MMA fight because obviously, they’re not going to stand up and bang with the heavyweight champion of the world, are they? They just want to take me to the floor.

“I just want to fight the best, the best stand-up fighter in the world. Whoever is the best stand-up fighter in the world, I want to fight him because I believe I’m that man,” he noted. “I don’t care if he wants to kick, whatever he wants to do. We can have an all-in fight because I believe I’m the best combat fighter on the planet.”