This week’s WWE 205 Live’s main event saw its General Manager Drake Maverick compete in an Unsanctioned Match against Mike Kanellis in a winning effort. This match was the in-ring debut of Maverick on the cruiserweight brand.

Although Maverick’s performance in the match was exciting, we won’t be seeing any more of him wrestling on the brand.

Speaking to Sarah Schreiber in a post-match interview, Maverick said that he has no plans to continue competing on 205 Live.

When asked if we will see more of him on the Cruiserweight division, Maverick said, “Sarah, I can honestly say… absolutely not. Absolutely not. My priorities are back to being a General Manager – that right there is why 205 Live is the best, most physical action you will ever see on the WWE Network every Tuesday night.”

Maverick went back to focus on his General Manager role as soon as his match was over. “But as my duties as General Manager become priority, my first order of action is to find Drew Gulak a challenger at SummerSlam for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.”

Kanellis started having problems with Maverick as soon as he arrived on the purple brand in late 2018. He blamed the General Manager for the reason why things didn’t go his way.

Kanellis had a losing streak since arriving on 205 Live, and he was able to break it only with the help of Maria Kanellis. On the July 16th episode of 205 Live, Mike Kanellis demanded a Cruiserweight Championship title shot which was declined by Maverick, and that resulted in a brawl between the two when Kanellis insulted Maverick and his wife.

And thus, an Unsanctioned Match was set in place, and if Kanellis had won, he would have become Drew Gulak’s challenger for the Cruiserweight title.