Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default New impact Knockout Peyton Royce still has no idea why she and Billy Kay were released from WWE

Now the ex WWE Australian wrestlers have signed with Impact Wrestling, Peyton Royce still has no idea why The Iconics were released from WWE. Billie Kay and Peyton Royce were among WWE superstars released last month and their departures were perhaps the most surprising. Both stars were just as shocked to learn they were being released by the promotion and, speaking to Busted Open Radio this week, admitted they still do not understand why they were let go. Admittedly, usage of the female stars was not very high after WWE split their partnership yet their releases were still perplexing. Billie Kay, whose actual name is Jessica McKay, told the outlet she thought she was going to be asked to take on a new gig when she received that call from WWE.

"I wish I knew, to be honest. When I said that I was in - it was a total shock. I had no idea,” she recalled. “When I got the phone call, I thought that it was in regards to something else. I was like 'oh, they need me to do something, I'm needed for something else'. And when I heard those words, you know 'we're going to release you', my heart just dropped, and I was just, I was so shocked. I was just heartbroken. I don't have any answers, and I don't think that I'm ever gonna get answers. So at the moment, I'm just trying to like, just have peace with that."

Peyton Royce’s Version Of Events

Royce, real name Cassie Lee, claimed it’s been really hard for her as she still hasn’t been able to come to terms with the decision, one which she certainly did not see coming as she figured last year’s cuts were purely down to the pandemic.

"So, it was absolutely a shock,” she said,” because, obviously they do the budget cuts once a year, but they hadn't done it in a while, and then I thought last years was just purely because of the pandemic, so I didn't see it coming and maybe I should have, especially because I was really doing nothing. Since they spilt us up.”

"Um, complete shock, and I feel like we're still going through waves with it, where it's like, one day I'll feel like, so free and so excited for these opportunities now that we can take upon ourselves, you know,” she added. “And then other days I'm just, like, I sit there wondering... I just don't understand, and like Jess said, I don't think we will ever understand and I don't think there's much of a reason other than cuts had to be made."

They make a good addition to the TNA womens roster no doubt.

If they do a feud with Beutiful People, I'm pretty damn sure someone is reading EAM Promotions

Beauty Parlour Brawl anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Beauty Parlour Brawl anyone?
    lol

I guess in the end they have to thank WWE for scouting them in Australia and giving them a chance in the big leagues.