Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default J.R.Blog: Indpendant contractor wrestlers, his restaurant and more

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry, here are some examples:

- JR's restaurant in Oklahoma is being prepared for an opening in June.

- Ross writes about his travel schedule this month, which will see him leave on Saturday to fly from Oklahoma to Milan, Italy via Atlanta. After one day's rest, he will call Raw, then fly back. Then the following Saturday, it is another overseas flight as he goes to London for Raw on April 23rd. Ross noted that he suggested to his wife that he go to Amsterdam for the week between the Milan and London shows, but "she did not think that was too funny".

- JR answers a comment about whether it was too soon for he and Jerry Lawler to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame, noting "I still don't know if I belong there at all". Ross also stresses that he is NOT involved in the selection process for the Hall Of Fame.

- Regarding Ken Kennedy, Ross wrote "I have said here many times that I really like Kennedy’s potential and feel the new “Mr. Money in the Bank” has the ability to be a main event level talent for years to come. Again, Kennedy has some “Stunning Steve” qualities about him, which is damn sure a good thing. As long as Kennedy, or any young talent, realizes that this business is a long and challenging journey and that they never STOP learning – he will be fine. Untimely injuries are the kiss of death in this biz, as is bad attitudes such as “I know it all” or “The rules don’t apply to me.”

- For those who have always wondered, here is where the term "goofy as a pet coon" comes from: When I was a boy, a friend of mine had a young raccoon they had caught in the wild. They tried to domesticate the coon and kept it tied to a stake, with a collar around the coon’s neck. The coon paced constantly. The coon was mean and hated to be tied up and was never going to become a traditional “pet”. The coon became crazier by the day and was finally turned loose and wasted no time in returning to the woods. Hence the term “goofier than a pet coon”.

- Regarding the upcoming Hulk Hogan-Jerry Lawler match in Memphis, Ross writes "Knowing how these deals often fall apart at the last minute, I would be somewhat surprised if it ever happens, but I have been wrong before as many of you so gleefully remind me more often than not."

- Concerning the term "independent contractor" in wrestling, Ross writes "Someone asked how an independent contractor can be under contract. Easily and it is done legally and ethically every day in many walks of life. In other words, one doesn’t have to be an employee to be contracted to a particular company."

Ross also talks about the Sopranos, the accommodations backstage at Raw this week, the potential of Cody Rhodes, whether Wrestlemania 23 was Shawn Michaels' "last major Wrestlemania moment", and more.

Click here to check out the full blog.

PWInsider.com

lol i can see it now "Good Ol JRs Barbeque"