Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Jenna Morasca: The Murtz Reality

Reality TV news, views and predictions from the world’s foremost expert on the subject

We last saw WWE diva Ashley Massaro bore us to death on Survivor: China. This time, the boot is on the other foot as a Survivor transitions to the ring.

Jenna Morasca recently signed with TNA Wrestling and made a Thursday-night debut on Spike TV's Impact. Clearly the transition to wrestling is a leap from living in the jungle. To get an insider’s perspective on Jenna becoming a wrestler, I managed to catch up with seven-time Women’s WWE Champion and current host of Stratusphere, Trish Stratus, who consented Jenna might have what it takes.

“When she became the sole Survivor, she outwitted, and outsmarted – these skills may have helped her be the winner in the reality world but the wrestling world is a different kind of beast,” she said.

Speaking of beasts, Stratus warns that Morasca might want to look out for one – Awesome Kong, the 6’1” TNA Women’s Champ. For now, I was lucky enough to get one of the first interviews with Jenna after she made her TNA debut.

First, some disclaimers: before doing what I do now, I actually started the Jenna Morasca online fan club (laugh it out while I hang my head), I was once a wrestling writer for The Sports Network, and over the last few years Morasca and I have attended numerous reality functions together and share an affinity for Monopoly:

TVGuide.ca: Jenna, Jenna, Jenna … Can you publically admit that we’re BFFs? I think it would do a lot for my credibility.
    JM: No.

TVG: The last time we saw you, it was on Survivor All-Stars where you left to be with your mother. What have you been up to since then?
    JM: I live full-time in NYC, the greatest city in the world. I promised my mom and dad after I took time off of college for Survivor, clearly the right choice at that time, that I would go back and finish. I'm currently on the President's List, I graduate with my bachelor’s in Psychology with a concentration in substance abuse in July and am applying to grad school. I am also still doing charity work ... Oh yeah and I am a wrestler now, too!

TVG: Glad you mentioned that. When I saw you and Heidi strip for peanut butter on Survivor Amazon, I never pictured you as a wrestler. When and how did you decide to enter the squared circle?
    JM: I did a movie called End Game with Kurt Angle, the star of TNA. He mentioned I should talk with execs at TNA to see if there was a place for me. I am athletic, I can act and I like to have fun. He thought it would be a good fit, and it was!

TVG: In your Impact interview you, told Mick Foley you were a fan of Big Sexy Kevin Nash. Will you align with the Main Event Mafia?
    JM: I can’t say a lot about my character, you will just have to wait and see! It’s a surprise …

TVG: Foley said you had some business to discuss. Can you elaborate on what you talked about?
    JM: Well as people say, business is business. I have to keep what we talked about in the “boardroom” for now.

TVG: Will you actually be wrestling, and are you ready for that?
    JM: When I step in the ring to wrestle I will be fully trained and prepared. I am not here to make a mockery out of the sport; I want to do it justice when I get in the ring. Don’t be scared for me.

TVG: TNA’s main competition is WWE, who recently announced more family-friendly programming. Does this allow TNA to capitalize and use more sex, and is this something you’re comfortable with?
    JM: Um, I am not sure if I would be considered in the “family friendly” box on my first appearance on Survivor. Getting naked for a scoop of peanut butter pissed off some housewives.

TVG: Can we expect a chocolate and peanut butter match? Would any of the TNA divas be up for it?
    JM: I am always up for wrestling hot chicks in my favorite two ingredients. Although I have had practice so the girls should watch out.

TVG: Do you think that there is any similarity between reality television and professional wrestling? Do you play a character on both?
    JM: No, unlike many other reality shows Survivor is NOT scripted, I played me being me trying to win $1 million. With wrestling you have to be athletic AND be able to act. Sometimes Survivors aren't even athletic!

TVG: I can’t let the Survivor: Amazon winner go without asking about Tocantins. Who’s your pick to win?
    JM: The season is OK. I consider myself an old-school Survivor and I am partial to the old seasons, when people didn't mug for the camera. But I have to root for granola guy [Brendan] because I hear he's from Pittsburgh …

TVG: Will people know you as Jenna from Survivor, Jenna from Playboy, Jenna from TNA, Ethan from Survivor's Jenna or Murtz’s best friend?
    JM: As long as they know me I don’t care what name they use. Jenna Queen of the World is my favourite or “Jenna Queen of Monopoly” just for you. Sorry I just LOVE to rub it in.

TVG: And, finally, do you think you could body slam me?
    JM: Yes!!! And I will body slam you virtually in Monopoly again also!

Only time will tell if Jenna can survive professional wrestling (sorry, I had to).

sympatico.msn.ca

thanks for the post Ryan
    EYES OF THE INSANE