Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up THE STREAK vs THE CAREER

This is what I though would happen. Will it be the end of the streak or the end of the best career in pro wrestling? I think the streak is over.What do you think?

HBK's said to be taking time off after Wrestlemania. That can either mean he wins or he loses and takes time off. However if HBK does lose, he's definitely not retiring. He'll take some time off and come back in some storyline in time.

I'm not really sure about Undertaker. It seems like he'll retire soon but I didn't expect this soon. If Shawn does end the streak no question about it this match should Taker's last go. If the streak ends a huge portion of his character will be lost, and the streak ending is the perfect way for Undertaker to make his exit.

Since Undertaker's body is in much worse shape than Michaels' no way Shawn Michaels will retire before The Undertaker. That leaves the possibilities of

A. Shawn Michaels wins and Undertaker Retires
    B. Undertaker wins and Shawn Michaels takes some time off but returns
    C. Undertaker wins & retires
    D. The match ends in a tie or some sort of controversy and no one retires and the streak stays alive

last year i think there was rumours of HBK retiring at last years mania but the didnt happen but if he was to retire this year id like if he would end takers streak because then he would have done everything in wwe

Creature Of The Night FFDPKnucklehead's Avatar

Since it's pretty much common public knowledge that Michaels is taking April-July off like he does every year, he won't lose the match. However, while WWE is well-known for screwing up the legacies of many of their top stars, it's not going to happen with The Undertaker. His streak will live. Therefore, I'm convinced that the match is going to end up in a draw.
    :pms::benoit:

"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"

HOGAN KILLED TNA!: Copy And Paste into your sig if you agree!

Quote Originally Posted by FFDPKnucklehead View Post
    Since it's pretty much common public knowledge that Michaels is taking April-July off like he does every year, he won't lose the match. However, while WWE is well-known for screwing up the legacies of many of their top stars, it's not going to happen with The Undertaker. His streak will live. Therefore, I'm convinced that the match is going to end up in a draw.
    But... the thing is, as someone pointed out in another thread, if this ends in a draw, that doesn't continue 'Taker's streak. He can't say he's 18-0, if he doesn't actually win, he'd just be 17-0-1, so... I highly doubt they're going to have it end in a draw, it just wouldn't work well either way.

Creature Of The Night FFDPKnucklehead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swinny View Post
    But... the thing is, as someone pointed out in another thread, if this ends in a draw, that doesn't continue 'Taker's streak. He can't say he's 18-0, if he doesn't actually win, he'd just be 17-0-1, so... I highly doubt they're going to have it end in a draw, it just wouldn't work well either way.

I didn't say I liked the idea of the match ending in a draw. The only possible ending I can think of is that The Undertaker wins, and Michaels comes back in August complaining about getting screwed, so Vince agrees to reinstate him and sets up a SummerSlam match between the two.
    :pms::benoit:

"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"

HOGAN KILLED TNA!: Copy And Paste into your sig if you agree!

Quote Originally Posted by FFDPKnucklehead View Post
    I didn't say I liked the idea of the match ending in a draw. The only possible ending I can think of is that The Undertaker wins, and Michaels comes back in August complaining about getting screwed, so Vince agrees to reinstate him and sets up a SummerSlam match between the two.
    Well, like I said it really doesn't make any sense for them to do that, at all. Either 'Taker's streak ends, or Michaels' career does, that's the way it's gotta be. And I personally think this is the year 'Taker's streak ends.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

I think Triple H will interfere in the match on HBK's behalf and help him win the match.

And so DX lives on!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    I think Triple H will interfere in the match on HBK's behalf and help him win the match.

And so DX lives on!
    ooooh what if triple h screws hbk to end his career and return top being heel

Quote Originally Posted by Miley Cyrus #1 View Post
    ooooh what if triple h screws hbk to end his career and return top being heel
    That would be great, actually. The perfect way to skyrocket Triple H back to mega-heel-dom.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

^^ It would not be great at all! Shawn Michaels deserves so much better than that and you both know it. He is the greatest wrestler alive god dammit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast