WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler made some interesting comments about the future of legendary announcer Jim Ross during the latest episode of his podcast Dinner With The King.

Ross’s most recent WWE televised appearance was part of the pre-show panel for the Greatest Royal Rumble event last April. He made some big news when he revealed on this week’s Ross Report podcast that after recent discussions with WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, both sides decided it was best to go their separate ways.

“I will not be returning to WWE after the 29th of March. I’m leaving with great thoughts, very positive,” said Ross.

Lawler spoke on Ross’ departure from WWE when he stated that he had talked with Ross before he made the announcement, which made him think that it was sad to see Ross leave.

However, Lawler says that Ross is going onto “bigger and better things” and “more money than he’s ever made before in his life.” This led to co-host Glenn Moore asked King to elaborate, which is when he stated that he was surprised that Ross hasn’t already announced it.

He strongly hinted that he would go to AEW, which is not a big secret as Ross stated on his podcast that “We’ll see where the next step takes us… I don’t think I’ll be out of work long.”