AEW's debut in Winnipeg will be a huge night for Tony Khan's promotion, but it will have to go ahead without Taya Valkyrie, according to the wrestler herself.

Tonight's Dynamite will mark AEW's first televised event in the Manitoba capital which is best known among wrestling fans as the birthplace of Chris Jericho.

On tonight's Dynamite, Jade Cargill will put her AEW TBS Championship and her undefeated streak on the line against a mystery opponent.

All we know for certain is that the opponent will be Canadian, and many believe Valkyrie will answer the call.

During an interview with Bill Pritchard of WrestleZone, Valkyrie played down the idea that she will be debuting for AEW this week.

“I will be in Los Angeles, California I will be here in my house with my dogs. John [Morrison] will be back from Australia, so yeah, I’ll be here. I love gossip. I woke up to a bunch of texts from people and social media blowing up, but it is what it is."

She said people are going to talk, but she’s just going to keep doing her thing.

Valkyrie is excited to see her husband return from Australia, which is interesting given that she was originally scheduled for the World Series Wrestling tour as well.

Some believe that Valyrie's removal from the tour is a sign of her impending AEW arrival.

In addition to the AEW TBS Championship match, Orange Cassidy and Jeff Jarrett will face off to determine the first AEW International Champion.

New AEW Trios Champions the House of Black will be defending their gold against The Elite and Jericho Appreciation Society.

The Blackpool Combat Club will face the Dark Order (including the returning Canadian Stu Grayson.